• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Publix Mystery Pepper

Anyone have an idea of what this pepper is?

GOPR0093.jpg

I bought some peppers from Publix awhile back and grew it from seeds. The pods were red in color an a tad bigger than what's in the picture. It had a good kick to it.

Thanks.

I'm thinking Bonnet... And Publix subs rock! Used to eat those all the time when I was a cashier there

I'm thinking Bonnet... And Publix subs rock! Used to eat those all the time when I was a cashier there

I don't think so, since Scotch Bonnets are C.Chinense, which have broad, crinkled leaves and a more bushy plant. That plant is tall and wiry, more along the lines of a C.Baccatum growthwise, not to mention the thinner leaves that have the "ruffled" edges like the Baccatums I've seen and grown.

I don't think so, since Scotch Bonnets are C.Chinense, which have broad, crinkled leaves and a more bushy plant. That plant is tall and wiry, more along the lines of a C.Baccatum growthwise, not to mention the thinner leaves that have the "ruffled" edges like the Baccatums I've seen and grown.

I stand corrected. I was concentrating so much on the pepper, I neglected to look at everything else lol

Good eye. I am a novice at identifying peppers. Which is why I always post with a disclaimer. ;) So much knowledge in this place!

Back