• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

punchy's punchbowl - 2014

This will be my first serious attempt at growing.  I had some success with a half-assed try a couple of years ago, so I am encouraged  :D   Here's the planned list:
  • Sweet banana
  • Sweet jalapeno
  • Tabasco
  • Habanero (mystery color!)
  • Bhut
  • Datil
  • Super Chile
The sweet pepper seeds I got from Sustainable Seed Co, the tabasco and habs from a friend, and the bhut, datil, and supers from Flchilehead :cool:

I'll start the seeds indoors, then move them outside as they grow.  I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to plant them in the dirt or use containers.  Even with our (mostly) mild winters, the ability to pop them into one of the outbuildings is appealing.  On the other hand, dirt is free. 

miguelovic said:
Impressive list, should make for some good eats come harvest :)
I sure hope so. Gonna be up to my ears so I'll probably end up freezing and drying a bunch. Then I can use it as needed :D

This afternoon I've got hooks in both the sweet bananas and the datils! Still no jolokias, but everything else is going like crazy. Still need to get my most recent acquisitions in dirt, but so far so good :dance:

Very nice looking bhut you've got there :)

(Been waiting too long to bust that out, usually someone beats me to the punch :D)

Hah, bit of an unintended pun.

Ack, been away from the forums for a while. The only transplant I have that survived so far was a Tabasco, but I planted some more seeds and have tiny jalapeños and aji limons again. I should have just planted in the ground, I guess I'm no good at transplanting. Might try another round in a raised bed. Still got time, here. :o

Back