• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Punn's Newbie GLOG

I guess I can start a GLOG on here since its easier to update! I'll start from the begining and work my way forward. I think I'm doing "Okay" for being a newbie at this. Much help from the people on here has got me past some "hiccups"! Thanks every, enjoy, and as always SUGGESTIONS!! I started from seed on 2/25/2012

The begining when things were leggy and looked in trouble!
20120304_100629.jpg

20120304_100624.jpg

The lighting system and my adjustments to the light heighth
20120304_153948.jpg

I didn't take pics of my first pot up. Basically Just moved everything into solo cups! And from that point on they did well, for the most part. Have some that stunted, some that died, some that burned, but mostly all good! So my second pot-up happened 3 weeks ago.
20120330_125835.jpg

20120330_125859-1.jpg

And then today, 3 weeks after the movement of plants I had to do it again. My bolivian rainbows (since they are ornimental) have taken off like weeds! And my white habs grew some good root systems that had hit the sides of the containers, So I went right to 8inch pots.

Chocolate hab
20120411_145035.jpg

2 of my Bolivian rainbows
20120411_145025.jpg

20120411_145030.jpg

A shot of everything and the room I dont have!!!
20120411_145608.jpg

And I don't know why my replies go into my main topic ..... :mad:

Fianlly time for an update! I've been busy busy 2 jobs, I've flown all over the eastern coast in the last 2 months to recovery organs for transplant. It is non stop!! But my babys are doing well, I lost about 5 plants to some sort of sickness, but everything is isolated from them and growning awesome, the rains in the last week has made my growth crazy. My front plant bed is spilling over! My bhut, 7pot douglahs, and white hab plants are very big! I have 3 pics for you from about 2 weeks ago, I'll get fresh ones soon!

First up is my red carriban peppers (or i'm assuming just red habs) but are good! I had 2 ripen this week, good heat, kinda bland on taste, but all good!

2012-07-05_08-26-54_335.jpg

Next is my bhut, the plant is full, I counted 15 on it today. Its a bit over 2ft tall and about the same width. Great growth!!! I was surpirsed with this plant it lagged for a bit then BOOM! Took off!!! So good! I like the taste of dehydrated bhuts, a bit sweet and good heat!

2012-07-05_08-28-39_838.jpg

And finally, my pride and joy. My 7pot doughlas that I grew off of seeds from a dehydrated pack. These plants have outlasted everything. Some of my best growth. My best plant is damn near 3ft tall and wide. It has 9 large peppers on it. Here is a pic from 2 weeks ago, the plant has doubled in size since (fresh pics to come)

2012-07-14_11-35-14_499.jpg

my white habs, they pack a punch for their size, I had my brother eat one (he likes heat too) and he was very suprised, I gave him a small one and it made him cry, oh the fun! I took about 40 off of my large plant last week that were ripe! Made some powder out of them, Great taste!! (need to get fresh pics of these)

I also have 7 other 7pot plants each with about 6 peppers on them, they are big, I'm very surprised at how well I did, but I owe that to the help from here. Thanks again, more pics soon!

-Nick

ok fresh pics!!!
first is my baby, the 7pot!!!

7pot-1.jpg

single7.jpg

my bhut

bhut.jpg

my best grower! Jalapeno! 4 1/2 ft tall

jala.jpg

forgot a shot of my 7pot and rainbows!

7potpeps.jpg

rainbows.jpg

sorry for blurry camera (its my phone). I like how the bhuts are peaking out from the leaves! again thanks for everything guys and gals!!!!

Those plants have come around nicely Nick. I'm sure they are loving the rain. It's nice to get some when you are away, so they can auto pilot. I have been away from mine for nearly 5 days. Not sure what to exepect when I get home. have a good one.

Back