• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Purchasing Blocked by Ebay Seed Vendor

I just can't believe reputable vendor would do this.

Last year a certain Ebay vendor sent me out some purchased Lemon Drop seeds.  Long story short...  they turned out to be white habanero.   I contacted him politely after the grow season and he sent me out the correct Lemod Drop seed no problems.

While the initial  white habs were still in the ground, I posted on this forum to help me identify that plant.  I also sent vendor link to the post so he could see and maybe take interest in what we do on pepper forums AND to show him I wasn't lying about incorrect seeds he had sent out.  I NEVER MENTIONED VENDORS NAME IN THE POST.  And I still haven't mentioned vendors name.

Anyways, I go to buy some seed yesterday and you guessed it.   BLOCKED.

I had purchased from him several times in last couple years and always left Positive feedback and no slandering at all.  Just positive feedback, Excellent seller, that's all.

Really feel he has overreacted. I contacted him through his store couple days ago and absolutely no response.  Oh well.  Below is the thread helping identify the plant. 

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/39394-what-do-i-have-pic/?hl=bacattum

LOL. Why stress over that? It's his right, so move on. It's not like he reported you to eBay and you got banned. He just doesn't want you as a customer.

Some people never cease to amaze me....Those lemon drops looked great though...Maybe he mistakenly blocked you?

More than likely he is selling bad seed and knows if you buy again you may get bad seed. So, good thing he blocked you!

Streamer said:
I guess he thought I was gonna bad mouth him,,,,but I never said a word to anyone.   

I bet that's what it was....

edit: not that you would bad mouth him...

How does blocking prevent bad mouthing? Wouldn't it incite it?

Like I said... dude isn't 100% confident in his seeds. He blocked you from buying because he knows you are pepper savvy.

The Hot Pepper said:
More than likely he is selling bad seed and knows if you buy again you may get bad seed. So, good thing he blocked you!

I'll just say that he was deemed as OK vendor by this Forum.  Heck, it was just a simple mistake.  Sent wrong item.   :doh:

Boss is right on this one. Dudes trying to pass off whatever seeds and you come along with more knowledge than him, he gets scared and bails.

NAME AND SHAME! We must protect fellow members...

I used to sell books online in graduate school. It didn't take much time and I got walking around money.

Anyway, If anyone was a hassle I didn't deal with them. I'm not saying people who were negative just anyone who departed from "me send book you send money."

I just didn't want to spend time on it. The other reason was that 50% of the people who departed from 'me send book you send money" ended up being time wasters. You see I wanted to make as much money as possible with as little work as possible. If someone took any of my time they were ruining the purpose of why I sold books.

He made a mistake and corrected it. He might just want to keep things simple.

Back