• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Pure Evil Dill Pickles

Brine:
1/4 cup pickling salt
2 cups apple cider vinegar
4 cups water

(scale the brine for as much as you need)

In half pint jars:
1 head of dill
1/8 tsp of alum (alternative is to use grape leaves)
1 tsp of red pepper flake
3 cloves crushed garlic
pack jar tightly with cucumbers
5 drops of pure evil (add after you put the brine into the jars)

Pour boiling brine in jars until 1/2 inch from the top.  Put on sanitized lid and lightly tighten the ring.  

Boil jars covered in water for 5 minutes.  Remove and snug down the ring.

sirex said:
Which Pure Evil are you using? If its the 9.6 ten drops will blow your ears off your head!!!!

I was lucky enough to win a contest held by SalsaLady where she sent me a bottle of the 9.6 ( as well as many other things. She makes some bomb ass stuff). And that 9.6 million wwwwwwwoooooooeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Two drops is good for me! I can only imagine 10!!!

I just have the 1.6 mil

Ann, I have to ask what I did to piss you off. I mean 7-pot Jonahs and Morugas weren't enough, you had to add Pure Evil too? WTF? That is what I was asking myself after I ate a bunch on a chip. The "Scorcher" sticker was a nice touch.

JayT said:
So aluminum is bad for you? Maybe I should have checking into that before signing up to make it for the rest of my working life... :lol:
I eat, drink, breathe, sleep and dream the stuff now.
I brew beer in an aluminum kettle.  Show me the scientific data on aluminum, not the old wives tales.

JayT said:
Ann, I have to ask what I did to piss you off. I mean 7-pot Jonahs and Morugas weren't enough, you had to add Pure Evil too? WTF? That is what I was asking myself after I ate a bunch on a chip. The "Scorcher" sticker was a nice touch.
:halo:  So you tried the Firestorm.....  the small 2 oz bottle should of been a bit of a clue~~~  :lol:  And the Scorcher sticker, just truth in advertizing~  :lol:

there are threads about how to make chile extracts and some online videos, one thread on here shows making it with a soxhlet.  Use the search for that keyword.  You can buy extract cheaper than the hassle of making it.  Pure Evil isn't an extract though.  It's made from refined capsaicin powder, no taste, no smell, just straight clean heat.  Which is why it can be added to pickles and won't change the flavor of the pickle, it'll just give it some heat.  :D

Back