• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Pure Seven

I decided to use my last 2 pounds of fresh 7 Pots today for my second attempt at hot sauce. Got 9 coozies total...so there is a little less than 1/4 pound (~100 grams) of 7 Pot peppers in each bottle...I used 156 total pods....

Any comments/suggestions/criticism gladly accepted...

I am calling it Pure Seven because that is what it is.

Picture of Label

PureSevenLabel.jpg

Picture of bottled sauce

112308a001.jpg

thanks for all the compliments gents...

100 gms pepper
30 ml vinegar
30 ml lime juice
pinch of sea salt

basically the same recipe I use for the puree but I use lime juice and half the vinegar...

I have three bottles left from last year...I sold three ( @ $15 each )to some guys I used to work with and gave a couple away as gifts...I think it is actually hotter this year than it was when I put it up...

Wow! You could win awards for that based just on the way it looks. If red is a warning colour then your sauce says "STAY AWAY SUCKER!" Definitely needs a safety warning:lol:

I use it is soups/chile, its best in bloody marys...and to cook with when I want heat...use it in my salsa to kick the heat up too...

It is really good when mixed with food or drink...

Thanks AJ. I'm going to spin up a batch this weekend. This sauce probably tastes best with some age, do you agree? How many 7 pods make 100grams? I have about 50 harvested from just one plant that have the shape of the famous "brain strain". I've seen other strains that look more oblong and pointy on the end.

it takes about 17 pods to make 100...pods weigh between 5-7 gms each...or at least mine do this time of year...

and yes, aging a couple of weeks seems to improve the heat and flavor...

Back