• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Purple flowering C. Annuum

yeGKY.jpg

Purple flower and first purple pod on plant
CVerk.jpg

Reverse view

I grew a couple of these last season to find they were not a match for Fluorescent Purple. The leaves were predominantly green with some purpling. The pods were not elongated, tapering to a point and pendant as the depicted in the Fluorescent Purple photo on thechielman.org.

The pods grew upright and were uniform in shape and size. They begin light green but turn purple in response to sunlight. They ripen through orange to red. The tips on the pods were rounded to a nub.

The plants were small though they were restricted to tiny 1.4 L pots. The parent plant that I took the pod from was much bushier in its second season. It was a compact plant that was around 40 cm by 40 cm.

The question now is whether this is a variety that people have seen? Or is it just a mongrel breed?

I have a similar plant if not the same. I don't know what it is. It was suppose to be a filius blue.

Edit: actually mine is a bit different. Its leaves tan purple. Other than that it looks very similar.

yeGKY.jpg

Purple flower and first purple pod on plant
CVerk.jpg

Reverse view

I grew a couple of these last season to find they were not a match for Fluorescent Purple. The leaves were predominantly green with some purpling. The pods were not elongated, tapering to a point and pendant as the depicted in the Fluorescent Purple photo on thechielman.org.

The pods grew upright and were uniform in shape and size. They begin light green but turn purple in response to sunlight. They ripen through orange to red. The tips on the pods were rounded to a nub.

The plants were small though they were restricted to tiny 1.4 L pots. The parent plant that I took the pod from was much bushier in its second season. It was a compact plant that was around 40 cm by 40 cm.

The question now is whether this is a variety that people have seen? Or is it just a mongrel breed?
We are growing what I believe is 'Explosive Ember' It has a most beautiful blossom, sets an almost black initial pod and has very interesting variegated foliage. The contrast and depth of color increases with the intensity of sunlight. The pods are changing colors as they ripen and are expected to end up a glowing red.

Last month my plants blooms and pods ....
7807138624_061b30dd55_b.jpg

--------------------------

My plants - no more blooms due to our extreme heat wave.........
7807136672_5d884275a9_b.jpg

This is a pic from the web of Explosive Ember with ripe pods.

7807136828_6f1eaf8d7b_z.jpg

We are growing what I believe is 'Explosive Ember' It has a most beautiful blossom, sets an almost black initial pod and has very interesting variegated foliage. The contrast and depth of color increases with the intensity of sunlight. The pods are changing colors as they ripen and are expected to end up a glowing red.

Last month my plants blooms and pods ....
7807138624_061b30dd55_b.jpg

--------------------------

My plants - no more blooms due to our extreme heat wave.........
7807136672_5d884275a9_b.jpg

This is a pic from the web of Explosive Ember with ripe pods.

7807136828_6f1eaf8d7b_z.jpg

Explosive Ember was the one I thought had the closest resemblance to my plants prior to creating this thread. My plants did resemble those in the middle photo in the heat of summer when the pods were ripening.

Back