• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Purple Thai Dragon

I bought some seeds from a supplier here in Chile (the country, not a pepper :cool:) . One of them was labeled "Purple Thai Dragon", which I though was a fairly common variety. However, googling that name gave me almost no useful results, and the forum search returned nothing. Maybe some of you know the Thai Dragon variety, but have you heard anything about the purple one? Here is a couple of pictures a month after sowing the seeds:

thaidragon.jpg

Also, any idea what species could this one be? Maybe a C.frutescens?

I bought some seeds from a supplier here in Chile (the country, not a pepper :cool:) . One of them was labeled "Purple Thai Dragon", which I though was a fairly common variety. However, googling that name gave me almost no useful results, and the forum search returned nothing. Maybe some of you know the Thai Dragon variety, but have you heard anything about the purple one? Here is a couple of pictures a month after sowing the seeds:

thaidragon.jpg

Also, any idea what species could this one be? Maybe a C.frutescens?

condsidering it came form Chile.

it might be a hybrid of a thai dragon and an Aji native to chile.

Well it may be Purple Tiger, considering the variegated leaves. I guess I'll just have to wait, if it is indeed a purple Thai Dragon the pepper should be long and thin --the Purple Tiger is short.

Thank you for the responses!

Back