• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Put a name to these peppers?

Howdy all
In my quest of loving the hot pepper and growing them i met a co-worker who also loves gardening and growing hot peppers. We got to talking and after a couple days he brought some pods in that he had dried from last season.

He is a portuguese/American and he claims these peppers come from overseas from Portugal. He has no idea what they are named.

I have tasted both of these peppers and they have a moderate to high heat level. The smaller ones seem to have a more fruity essence with the burn and the bigger pods seem more like a just a plain old hot pepper. My taste buds are a little shot tho.

Can u name these peppers pods?
100_0666.jpg

Ive collected seeds from both types of pods and will try to grow em, i just dont know what the heck to label em as!

Any help or ideas or guesses on what these are much appreciated.

Happy growing
Jim

Just encase you need a list to choose from, a couple that I can think of off the top of my head can be found here:lol:

the list is far from complete, work in progress, SC ;)

IMO you can't really tell until you or he grows them out and you can see the flowers. They could be alot of things from just the pods. Please repost and let us know when they grow out what the flowers look like and the per node count, etc.

Kendra

Back