• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Quad-Dammage Angus Ball Tip Steak Fajita Burrito

Well, got meself some awesome Angus Steak...technically it's a Ball Tip Sirloin Steak. Mmmmmm.

S6303236.jpg

So, here's the brekky lineup for today:
  • steak
  • onions
  • habs
  • anahiem
  • corn & four torts
  • refried beans
  • cheese
  • misc sauce & seasonings

Prepped the veggies, then cut up some of the steak on the bias into pieces. (If you cut it straight down you're often cutting along the same grain as the connective tissue, meaning a tougher steak. Cutting on the bias makes it a bit more tender)

Made a marinade of:

Chipotle aodobo, worsteshire sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, cumin, onion powder, kosher salt & blackpepper and crushed garlic.

Minced a bit of the onion and habs and chucked that in too.

S6303240.jpg

While that was getitng it's thang on, heated up a 50/50 mix of EVOO and my own chile oil...Ok, got that hot on Med Heat...now things happen kinda fast....

Did up the torts in the oil really fast until just bubbled, then set in-between some paper towels adn gave 'em a patdown.

Now, turned up the Heat to "Oh My Lordy", and chucked in the beef and veggies. Now the pan gets a workout... ;-)

After about 1-2 mins...KAA-BAMMM!

S6303243.jpg

Freaking awesome.

texas blues said:
So everything that you cook..meat, chicken and fish, goes in the smoker? Everything?

Cheers, TB.
Not *everything*, but will every chance I got. I do make cooked food, in pots, oven and such... and yes, some do contain meat and/or fish. just saying the right way is BBQing.

I smell a BBQ debate coming on :lol:

Let's just say I grill my steaks quick over a decent size flame... no BBQ for steaks.

thehotpepper.com said:
I smell a BBQ debate coming on :lol:

Let's just say I grill my steaks quick over a decent size flame... no BBQ for steaks.
Try Asado dude... steaks are so goddamn juicy. it's like BBQ on steroids.

Heh, thx all..I say I did the best I could wit what I had..and it waws delish...

So..There. ;)

Only fault..didnt use Cast Iron... ;)

texas blues said:
Pay no attention to these non angus abusers of meat Quad. The Quadamage gets my highest hot blue and righteous rating! If it's hot and tasty and sitting on a corn or flour tortilla it's all cool and the gang. mrs. blues and I rarely do bread anymore. Corn and flour tortilla's all the way baby!

Cheers, TB.

TY sir..I even roaste the toarts up proper thsi time ;P
WAS a Tex-Mex...ask AJ if it was.

That meat any moar tender, it's need ID...mebeb explain Bias Cut eh? ;)

thehotpepper.com said:
I don't care what you all say, I say it is damn impressive QuadGyver cooked this with a heated wire clothes hanger and chewing gum!

Thx man ;P

Oh, and it was cooked in SCVREAMING hot pan w/ EVOO adn chile Oil for like 1 minute...just nuff to cook the veggies.

check it, its'pink... ;p

Perfect medium. Tender even enoufh for me crappy teeth to eat. Like buttah.

I'm not a 20+ yr vet chef liek Blues, but a chef never backs down from hsi recipe unles it sucks. ;P I've never had 'proper' culinary schooling..'cuz it's nto needed.

My best friend is a 5 star chef in 4 cuisines adn never went to school. He'd like this.

What I cooked, I'll stand by.

Back