• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Quad's Naga 4 Brainz Sauce

QuadShotz

Banned
Yeah, so named 'cuz I'm stoopid for making this...lol
I wanted a very hot but "table" kind of sauce with all my fave flavors. Used all this:

S6304370.jpg

Yes, that's a fully ripe Brain Strain 7-pot, a 3" long ripe Bhut Jolokia, Orange Habs, some bigazz Jala's, garlic, onion, about 6-8 sweet baby tomatoes and an Aussie Navel Orange.

Also in the mix are honey, rice vinegar, a pinch of five-spice powder, sea salt and pepper, a Tbs. of Cayenne powder, and about a 1/2 tsp. ea. of granulated garlic and onion powder. (adds a different depth of flavor than just the raw stuff)

Chopped it all up (using gloves for the two evil chiles!), and in the pot it all goes.

Hell YES that's gorgeous!
S6304379.jpg

Set that all to getting bubbly while I boiled some already washed bottles.

When the sauce was nice and cooked but still not mush, I carefully put it in the Blender and beat the crap outa it. :-)

Again using the rubber gloves, carefully poured into the sanitized (and freekin' hot) bottles w/ my trusty funnel and....Here we go!

(this pic is more accurate on the sauce's color)
There's like 1/2C. of extra in the tub also.
S6304381.jpg

closeup of the ebil bits
S6304387.jpg

It's beautiful.

I don't know how I missed this Quad. Very nice looking sauce. Sounds terrific. I am going to be making a few sauces very soon. I have a bunch of unripened pods I am going to use to make an Evil Green Sauce.

Back