• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Question about BBG7s

I have multiple bubblegum plants that I ordered live from two separate vendors.

Does anyone else have issues with this particular strain as far as health and rigor goes?  It seems odd that out of my *insert whatever number* varieties that I'm growing that these seem to be doing poorly...living and growing...just not looking particularly photogenic, I'm asking this especially since they are the same strain from two vendors located in complete opposite parts of the country.  If you guys need pictures I can get them up tomorrow. 

They were transplanted almost a month ago...they're growing they just don't look healthy.  I don't really think transplanting would have anything to do with it either because I got 5 other varieties from one of the vendors and those plants are doing great.  The only BBG7 plant I have that actually looks good was one I thought died when I put it in my raised bed with my annuums.  It dropped all of its leaves and I assumed it was dead until some nodes started poking out a few days later.  It looks pretty healthy now.

I started 5 BBG7 plants this year.  Three of them suddenly started dropping leaves and became sick with something I could not fix so after a few weeks they went into the compost pile.  All of my plants were indoors and none had pest problems.  The other 2 went outside after a long hardening off period and struggled for about 2 weeks before finally starting to look better.  I think they go into shock easier and take a little longer to come out of it compared to other varieties that most of us grow.  The two healthy plants are now big enough to handle stress better and have doubled in size in a very short amount of time.  Keep caring for them and I bet they'll come out of their funk and turn it around.  

My donated BBG7 seeds started great and no trouble after transplant...two plants have 4" leaves on them and other than a slow start are doing great.  Hang in there and is there any chance they've had too much water?

Good luck bro

harris said:
My donated BBG7 seeds started great and no trouble after transplant...two plants have 4" leaves on them and other than a slow start are doing great.  Hang in there and is there any chance they've had too much water?

Good luck bro
They haven't had any more water than the rest of my plants, which after three days of straight rain is a lot...but they have been looking sickly in general for about a month.  I don't know what the issue is with my plants but I don't think whatever it is will kill them.  It's just weird that it's ONLY this variety and they come from two different sources.
FreeportBum said:
out of over 144 plants and over 30 varieties started my 14 BBG7 plants were among the best. 
I can't say that at all, but my best right now is Fatalii and white Bhuts :) My last count I had over 80, maybe closer to 100 now.

ikeepfish said:
They haven't had any more water than the rest of my plants, which after three days of straight rain is a lot...but they have been looking sickly in general for about a month.  I don't know what the issue is with my plants but I don't think whatever it is will kill them.  It's just weird that it's ONLY this variety and they come from two different sources.

I can't say that at all, but my best right now is Fatalii and white Bhuts :) My last count I had over 80, maybe closer to 100 now.
Funny you mention the Fatalii, out of all my plants my chocolate fatalii was the first to germinate and the largest fastest grower out of everything I started. 

Fatalii are always my most beautiful plants. They must have good genes in them! I think only have the cream ones this year, but they are still just as beautiful.
Hope the bbg7s pull through!

my plants are my best plants also.. they look very lush and beautiful.. ill post a pic....

I was given seeds from 2 strains I believe but I only planted the 1 strain, they all look the same so far.. I don't know if there true, they are to small for peppers, but im planting up today..

bubblegum.jpg

bubblegum2.jpg

Back