• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Question about hydro

Hi all

I have just setup a home made flood and drain table, and i was wondering about the light situation.

I currently have my lights set to 18/6, now my question is, when my plants come into flower, should i turn them back? I mean, 12/12??

Thanks for any help on the matter.

Regards

Luke

Well i was reading about alot of other types of plants, and when they flower you are meant to turn them back.

So i was wondering if it was the same with chili plants?

Chiles are day neutral, ie, photoperiod does not effect fruiting/flowering.

I run my lights 16 hrs/day in aero.

Flex said:
Hi all

I have just setup a home made flood and drain table, and i was wondering about the light situation.

I currently have my lights set to 18/6, now my question is, when my plants come into flower, should i turn them back? I mean, 12/12??

Thanks for any help on the matter.

Regards

Luke

12/12 eh? You've been hanging around them "other" growing forums :mouthonfire:

But yeah, as willard said, chiles are photoperiod independent when it comes to flowering/fruiting. I believe the daytime/night temperatures & nitrogen levels affect flowering, however. I know for a fact having too much N during flowering will cause flowers to abort. I've had several chile plants flower under 24 hour light when I first started growing.

Heya Mark,

Yeh i have read up on that section, only thing is it doesnt mention much about lights, as he is only talking about using the sun for light ;)

But its all good, thanks for the thought tho. :P

Back