• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Question about my plant with furry leaves(pitures)

Just got a few small plants from a friend. He says the one is a Lemon drop. But a Lemon drop is a C. Baccatum. Does that class of plant have "furry" leaves? I was under the impression that the C.pubescens were the hairy ones. Any ideas?

Heres the pictures.

DSC00589.jpg

DSC00590.jpg

Thanks for looking

Depending on where you live you may have to get a license and collar for that hairy little guy.

Seriously though I can't answer your question but I love the close up

Doesn't all plants have "hairs" on the leaves? Well, my plants have "hairs" on them, even if it isn't a pepper plant..... Well the one thing that I know is that the pubesense is super hairy, like a cat or mouse kinda

high it os true that many species do have hair as it where

but from the look of this pic it is a "pubescent" species of some sort not sure which it may be "ROCOTO" but thats not the only "pubescent" species that there is, so im not too sure?? however the leaves do have that "AJI LOOK" so i would say it is most likely lemon drop
thanks joe

Ha not sure if they are trichromes. I think of a dif. plant when it comes to those. None of my other plants have the fine hair on them. Figure id ask and see what everyone says. Just have to wait and see the fruit I suppose. thanks
Bud

goatsweed is an example of a pepper variety that has furry hairs that's not a pubescens. it's a frutescens. =D

yea they are trichomes, a lot of plants have them, not just cannabis.

edit:
heres a photo of my tabasco plants furry leaves

IMG_0640s.jpg

Back