• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Question about white ghost peppers...

I wanted to make a white hot sauce this year so i got some of those white ghost pepper seeds and there's a ton of pale green peppers on them. I also have 9 white habanero plants full of peppers but wasnt sure about the white ghosts.....

Anyone else growing these and know when they are done by color? All the other peppers have been producing lots of peppers the past couple of weeks, not sure if these are ready. On a cuople., they are turning a pale red/tan color.

g2_zps77875ee8.jpg

g1_zps430c8f4f.jpg

if they are turning red, they probably are not white bhuts. The white variety of peppers generally ripen to a cream/white color

well, I figured I'd take one and see what's up with it. pale green: Hot. seemed less than a jalapeno at first but about 20-30 seconds after I ate it it just stated building and building for a solid 5 minutes. Hot as it should be, holy crap I was wrecked. Been over half an hour and gums still burning. They will soon be sauce.

Back