• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water Question for Australians about water cartage

To my fellow brothers from down under...

Does anyone utilise water cartage services to refill their water tanks? Thankfully we just got about 50mm of rain over the weekend, otherwise I would of run out of water.

I'm hoping to see how much it costs to get rain water shipped in, since we are still in Stage 3A water restrictions and can only water on Tuesday or Saturday between 6 am - 8 am.

I think its anywhere between $140-170 for a 10,000ltr. I''m not 100% sure, my brothers out at Tamworth and from what I recall thats the rough figure.

I pay $100 for 3000 gallons (13,000 litres), but I get a small discount coz he's a mate. Normally he charges about $140.

I'd be ok with that kind of cash, given 10000L should last me anywhere between 6 - 8 weeks depending on the weather.

How much access do they need for your tanks? I guess the tankers have a pump, but how long are the hoses usually?

I'm hoping I don't ever have to really resort to shipping water in, but thankfully the rain came at the right time, and my tanks are full to the brim right now thanks to 70mm of rain in the last 24 hours.

mum and dad pay about $120 for 12000L in Hunter Valley NSW.

The guy parks about 30 metres away and uses the hose.......

I wouldn't think they could park to far away.....and the longer the hose, the harder the pump has to work!!

Back