• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering question for people who over winter in Root pouches

just a question...  i didnt cut all the foliage back.... but cut back enough to support the amount of roots.... and left pods on that were there.... they are still geting about 8hrs of sunlight in my south window......

when you apply water... do you top water your overwinters? or place water on the trays you have them sitting on.... and let them soak up the water through the fabric... like bottom watering?

the only reason i ask, as this is my first year to try and over winter.... and i have 2 in pots and 1 in a Root Pouch....

i applied water to the bottom to pots and top of the Root Pouch, and it looks like it developed a little mold.... so i sprayed with a 1 part peroxide, 20 parts water.... and placed a fan on them.... and it has gone away.... but i would say that 80% of the potting mix in the root pouch is dry... just around the plant was damp.... and it started to develop this....

just looks like its not getting enough water, but if mold is developing... is bottom watering the anwser?

Back