• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Quetion for those that were in the Trinidad Scorpion appreciation

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
I started a thread in January 2010 titled "Trinidad Scorpion Appreciation Grow Event 2010" and sent a lot of seeds out to a lot of different people...

If it is possible, can/would those of you that grew my seeds provide me with some feedback on them?...as I recall, I didn't see a single picture of the plants or pods...if I am wrong, I apologize ahead of time..

thanks..

Jack, the seeds that you sent me this past month will be used in addition to others for my next seasons grow, and I intend to post photos and caps., and to give credit where credits do, it's always nice to see how plants produce in different climates....thanks again...Greg

I grew them last year. Trinidad varieties, especially the Scorpion are very finicky in my garden. I had two plants I was growing from your seed, but I only kept one for the whole season. It had a bit more yellowing and ended up a bit smaller compared to a couple other scorpions. Now I know to give them extra cal/mag so it's not really a fair comparison. This year I'm growing red scorpions from two other lineages. They're still a pain and just don't seem to grow well on the same diet that ALL my other C. chineses are OK with. Next season I'll probably keep one bed just for scorpions so I can baby them. I've grown many red scorpions and I don't see much difference depending on the source, for me it seems to come down to the health of the seed and the care of the plant.

Back