• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Quick Hello From Cincinnati

Howdy y'all, I thought I'd pop in an say hello from the great white Cincinnati, OH while I'm here visiting the In-Laws. Mike, you should be gald that you don't live where I do, we got about 8-10 inches more snow than here. :lol:

Well, while down here I am planning on eating some good food. I think I have everyone talked into eating at our favorite Thai restraunt that is near the folk's house. I am aslo hoping to make a stop at Jungle Jims. So far I have had some good beer, Negro Modello (sp?).

I doubt I'll be on much other than quick shout outs, so....you all have a wonderful weekend ;)

Pepperfreak,

You gonna be in the West Chester area or where? I work this weekend but might be able to chat for a while.

Mike

Mike, I'm in Hyde Park but know where you are. That's a bit north. Today we went into Newort and saw the aquarium. I had to be pushed around in a wheelchair. Lol. For dinner we ate in Mereymount. I ended up drink a few to may of Flying Dog Tire Bite Golden Ale, a new favorite!

Moyboy, on the way here I stopped and a shop in Columbus that I have history dealing with and picked up that item I told you about. Wow! Is it a solid feeling item and I can't wait to get home and yet it out.

Pepperfreak said:
Moyboy, on the way here I stopped and a shop in Columbus that I have history dealing with and picked up that item I told you about. Wow! Is it a solid feeling item and I can't wait to get home and yet it out.

Sounds like code to me......

....but what does it MEAN???

hmmmmmmmmmm.......

Hyde Park is about three miles form where I live. Look up Hartwell or call me at 761-7414. I'll give you a guided tour of my greenhouse and grow room - it should take about four minutes! Just let me know, or if you knock on my door (260 Avalon) ignore that the house is not perfectly clean. Substance over style!

Mike

I had another great day.

We ate lunch at a wonderful little Thai place. I ended up ordering a wonderful spicy garlic/basil shrimp with fried rice. When asked what spice leve I wanted 1-10 I requested an 8. The waiter acted like I was nuts and even asked if I was sure. :lol: Well, half way through, I wished I had went with the 10, since I thought the 8 was on the spicy side of mild. :rofl: Guess it is hard to please a pepper-head in a regular mom and pop shop. The meal was superb though and I wasn't disappointed with the taste. They also had imported Thai beer there too, and I really enjoyed the lager.

PF,

I don't do spicy food but if you want, I'll ask around for some good places to dine for Thai, Indian or other ethnic foods. I'm sure I can find one that will have you asking for milk!

It's probably good that you didn't stop by, though the toms in the GH are stupidly large. But you would have had to hobble through a quagmire to get to it - I put on firemen's boots to walk there and back. Plus, I'm brewing some compost tea upstairs and trust me - the stuff stinks. But does it ever do a job on plants!

Looking forward to your next trip down here - we might have to dine on some grilled kangaroo and eggplant, sauted Chinese Red Noodle Beans, Lincoln Garden Peas, Silver Queen Corn, Fried Green Tomatoes and lots of other goodies, especially if we do it in late summer or early fall when all the veggies are ripe. If you plan ahead, the County Fair is the week of August 10. We could have a giant cookout at the fair and dig up one of those Jicamas - and add that to the feast! And since I'll have a 7-pod plant at the fair thanks to AJ, I can guarantee you the food will not be bland!

Mike

Now Mike, you sound like you're teasing me...:lol: That sounds like a fantastic plan and I'm now sitiing here all giddy in anticipation! Sign me up buddy!

Back