QUICK! Need beer advice

Might as well asked me to find the square root of 9834032741956.98650145786.:)

I know beer, but my knowledge isn't that deep. Relax and ask the bar keep to recommend!:(

I hope it's not too late. The last time I was in a Flying Saucer they had Whitebread Ale, but I don't see it on the list.

With a list like that....just pick one!!!

I know this post is kicking a dead horse buuuuutttt, choose the cheapest beer with the highest alcohol content, can't f'n lose!!

From the list on the link....

Ok on tap here are my suggestions.....

Newcastle (although not hopped at all) on tap is truly fantastic...so amazingly smooth....my all-time favorite summer beer is great year round (some like it more in the fall/winter)...my buddy called it the "ice-tea of beers"...my fiance swears that this is her favorite and really this goes in my all-time top 10!

Sierra Nevada Anniversary or Harvest on tap is something special...pleasant aroma and smooth taste...I will probably have this one (Anniversary) at my wedding...It is something I have come to admire...I have a 22oz Bomber of Harvest in the fridge and it makes me smile every sip...both are great....Harvest edges Anniversary only in aroma...if you can have both on TAP get Harvest, then Anniversary, bury your nose in the glass, inhale, and enjoy each sip! One of my all time favorites period!

for bottle brews....

Bear Republic's Red Rocket (got mine in a Bomber) is about as awesome as you can get out of a red ale...rated like a 98/100 from professional beer tasters...my buddy that brews got this one thanks to my recommendation and he loves it! if you are drinking it out of a bottle the Healdsburg brewery delivers in spades with this brew....check it!

Northcoast Bluestar Wheat is spectacular on tap but great out of a bottle too...had this one at Jack's Bar in Frisco....memorable....86 beers on tap and the barkeep said this was his favorite...Light with alot of flavor!...it didnt disappoint!

Finally, go with Anchor Steam, which is a little different....I went to the brewery in January and loved it all....the original Anchor is such a great and the Anchor Liberty was the first legal brew I ever bought (a top notch pale that has a different character than most)....the brewery tour and tasting was the best ever, but either one from a bottle is something quite special....enjoy the taste of San Francisco!

ENJOY these top picks!!!

I'd just pick some that sound cool and drink my way through. Not all on one night, but sooner or later I'd try them all. Well, that's what I'd do if there was any place even slightly similiar to this over here!!! I like to try new beers, so the ones I don't know would be most tempting.

Chiliac said:
I'd just pick some that sound cool and drink my way through. Not all on one night, but sooner or later I'd try them all. Well, that's what I'd do if there was any place even slightly similiar to this over here!!! I like to try new beers, so the ones I don't know would be most tempting.

I'm a member of the "UFO club" at the flying saucer. They give you this card to keep track of all the brews you've tasted and once you hit 200 brews you get your name engraved on a plate that gets hung on the ceiling + a big ass party.

Txclosetgrower said:
That just stands to show that good advice is timeless. :)

Hey, anytime, bro. In fact, i wish my first legally bought beer was an Optimator. My dumbass bought a case of Olympia.

I think mine was either Labatt's or JW Dundee's Honey Brown. Can't remember which one was first, but they were the two first. Oh and for the next trip to the store, try Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard or anything by Weyerbacher.

Txclosetgrower said:
I'm a member of the "UFO club" at the flying saucer. They give you this card to keep track of all the brews you've tasted and once you hit 200 brews you get your name engraved on a plate that gets hung on the ceiling + a big ass party.

That's like Lovejoys' "Order of the Fez".

You ever go to Lovejoys? It's my fave pub here. They make some decent brews there.

Back