• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Racers out there??

I don't care what kind of racing you do. I'm just curious if there are any other racers out there. I looooove motorcycle roadracing. (That's me in the Avatar.:D) I've done alot of trackdays in the past and got published with the CRA, (Financial reasons set me back for getting my license this year......Next year I hope.:P Anyways, I was curious if there are any others that get the same rush from hitting the track? Whether it be dirt, ashpalt, water, the strip, whatever. I admit that I looove hot peppers, but I think it naturally comes from my natural desire to get any type of rush to the brain. Just testing the waters for other riders.:D

sadly, the only racing i've done is kart racing. not in a league though, just an indoor track. was very fun though. would like to get involved in the SCCA when i'm older and have money to play with as far as a car/parts/tires/etc.

i try to get out to the 12 hours of sebring every year..i think i've been the last 5 years in a row..maybe 4, i forget. have only been to some amateur bike racing down at homestead in the miami area.

Drag racing was my big game for years. I like almost all forms of motorsports, but it was Englishtown's quarter mile that grabbed me by the nads exactly 2 days after i got my driver's license. I campaigned a '78 Grand Prix bracket car for 8 or 9 years, then ran out of cash and sold it and really haven't been down the strip since(about 6 years now). I really need to get my ass back to the track.

I've been taking road course and autocross lessons lately. I seriously love taking a car to it's limit. I've been training in Spec Miatas, but eventually I'll be racing my Datsun 280zx.

all i have to say is, im surprised the guys that motorcycle race can ever sit on the bike with the size marbles they must have. watching it is fun, but i cant see myself actually driving the bike.

it does look really fun though. id love to have a bike, but i would probably die. because i would go as fast as i could all the time.. :hell:

ross said:
all i have to say is, im surprised the guys that motorcycle race can ever sit on the bike with the size marbles they must have. watching it is fun, but i cant see myself actually driving the bike.

it does look really fun though. id love to have a bike, but i would probably die. because i would go as fast as i could all the time.. :cool:

I almost killed myself when I drove like a tard on the street before I started hitting the track. I guess doing a buck forty down a road, and trying to take a 35 mile an hour turn doing 80 isn't good:shocked::hell:. If I could have used BOTH lanes I could have easily done it because that would have been about the same width as the track. I tucked the front end and bounced through some ladies yard. ODDLY I didn't die. I got Pissed through my helmet and had my little brother take me to the hospital. I just had a severely sprained ankle and a bruise on my back about the size of a dinner plate. I really hurt the next few weeks and NEVER rode on the street again. I did have a couple crashes on the track as well, but they were both lowsides. Nothing to major. Once in the rain and the other was due to a malfuntion with my shifter. (Loctite should be used on the bolts when you put a new one on lol!!)It really is fun though.

It's good to see some people in here that enjoy that stuff too. I'm sure the addiction is the same with all of the different motorsports. Like one guy said. Now I need to get my A@# back to the track:lol::hell::cool:

Yeah....I don't race on the streets anymore. I was killing a Camaro (in my Z) in some twisties near my house when I had to slow for traffic. He got pissed and got in under me and tapped my bumper...spun me up on the curb. No damage to the car, but there were a lot of people on the road that could've gotten hurt if I didn't continue up on the sidewalk....lucky for me no one was walking there.

The track is more of an adrenalin rush anyway!

DevilDuck said:
Yeah....I don't race on the streets anymore. I was killing a Camaro (in my Z) in some twisties near my house when I had to slow for traffic. He got pissed and got in under me and tapped my bumper...spun me up on the curb. No damage to the car, but there were a lot of people on the road that could've gotten hurt if I didn't continue up on the sidewalk....lucky for me no one was walking there.

The track is more of an adrenalin rush anyway!

Yeah, it's alot funner and safer on the track. I too think of what I could have done if I would have hit some kid flying through that yard. Or how someone would have felt if it was there car that killed me. Not worth it to me.

xgrafcorex said:
sadly, the only racing i've done is kart racing. not in a league though, just an indoor track. was very fun though. would like to get involved in the SCCA when i'm older and have money to play with as far as a car/parts/tires/etc.

i try to get out to the 12 hours of sebring every year..i think i've been the last 5 years in a row..maybe 4, i forget. have only been to some amateur bike racing down at homestead in the miami area.

Those indoor kart tracks are fun though. I went to an indoor one near Chicago earlier this year. It was honestly a blast. They only did about 40 MPH, but indoors that was flying. I even got in trouble for stuffing someone.......He was in my way:lol::cool::hell: I just rubbed him a little and chose an aggressive line to get around him. Oh well...lol!!!

DEFCON Creator said:
"The Mustang" should be ready for the track by the end of the summer. We're hoping to hit the 10 second mark. (fingers crossed)

Better start practicing your launches now, Creator.

In the early 90's I had a '71 Nova. Ran 13.29's all day long. Then I had a '98 Mustang GT that we built up and got ready to go drag racing but a week before we were to go to the track a PUNK a$$ kid blew a stop sign. He hit us (my wife, my daughter, and I) headon and totalled the stang. Eventually I'll be racing again. It's in my blood.

I have a little place where it's fun to punch it up. I have a 6 and love to eat up V8's. Not so much fun anymore...The bikes give me a better race. That is if they have the nerve to do 160.

rabbit said:
Those indoor kart tracks are fun though. I went to an indoor one near Chicago earlier this year. It was honestly a blast. They only did about 40 MPH, but indoors that was flying. I even got in trouble for stuffing someone.......He was in my wayI just rubbed him a little and chose an aggressive line to get around him. Oh well...lol!!!

oh yea, indoor karting is a ton of fun. you can easily spin those things out if you aren't careful. hah and yea, they do get a bit pissy if you mess with the other drivers too much. went with one of my friends that had never been before and i was all over him..but he was messing around trying to cut me off every chance he got. they finally made him let me pass. :lol: they also gave us each a warning flag since HE hit ME. :lol:

parker394 said:
I have a little place where it's fun to punch it up. I have a 6 and love to eat up V8's. Not so much fun anymore...The bikes give me a better race. That is if they have the nerve to do 160.

what kind of car is this you speak of?

I still can say I have a 79 blazer with 31s and a blown 327 that can do early 13s...not a big thing but show me your 79 blazer lol
motor is too much for the drivetrain though... monthly ujoint changes 4 transfer cases later and in the midst of changing the rear end...king pin popped...man what a mess.....maby one day ill find a vega to pop the motor in....id never get rid of my 79 though shes a beauty

parker394 said:

I'd give ya a shot for your money:P:D........Well, if I still had my bike...LOL!!:lol:

Back