• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Racers out there??

my one and only track day was level one at (California) Superbike School at Eastern Creek in Sydney on my 'busa last December - what a rush! did my fastest ever, hit 270kmh down the straight (about 167mph) so parker394, I've done 160 or were you talking kms/hour? it's a road bike but I try to get the 200 kmh up every time I take it out, just to blow off the cobwebs. I'm hoping to do level two this December.

I'm going to Phillip Island in Melbourne in October to watch the Aussie MotoGP - GO CASEY STONER!!!

parker394 said:
I have a little place where it's fun to punch it up. I have a 6 and love to eat up V8's. Not so much fun anymore...The bikes give me a better race. That is if they have the nerve to do 160.

Ahhh, Parker, one of these days. My goal is 180mph. After racing me, you'll be saying to yourself, "Wow, I could've had a V-8" :lol:

chilliman64 said:
my one and only track day was level one at (California) Superbike School at Eastern Creek in Sydney on my 'busa last December - what a rush! did my fastest ever, hit 270kmh down the straight (about 167mph) so parker394, I've done 160 or were you talking kms/hour? it's a road bike but I try to get the 200 kmh up every time I take it out, just to blow off the cobwebs. I'm hoping to do level two this December.

I'm going to Phillip Island in Melbourne in October to watch the Aussie MotoGP - GO CASEY STONER!!!

167....That's about my top speed going down the backstraight at Mid Ohio. That was....FUUUUUUUNNN!!!! Well, that's about what my speedo said at a quick glance anyway. You just have to be careful at the end of the straight though. It goes into a quick right and left at the end. Take that to fast and your in the weeds:shocked::lol:. So your going to watch the Moto-GP races in Melbourne....SAWEEET!!!:lol: I just found out a little while ago that Indianapolis in Indiana is hosting a Moto-GP race in Sept of 2008. As soon as I found out I put an application in for tickets. I hope I get them.

P.S- I've heard of the California Superbike school with Keith Code as well. I've never been to it though. So.....Who's your favorite Moto-GP racer? Mine is Rossi. I do however root for Hopkins though cause he's American and all. I also respect that he tries so hard on a less superior bike.:P

DEFCON Creator said:
Ahhh, Parker, one of these days. My goal is 180mph. After racing me, you'll be saying to yourself, "Wow, I could've had a V-8" :lol:

Hey, Creator. here's my goal(and where my name comes from):
fairmontfromhell2.jpg

fairmontfromhell.jpg

Can you say 9.70s @ 145 in the quarter mile? And street legal?

Very nice. Right now, we're pulling a hair over 11.5. When everything is said and done we should easily have over 500hp, and about 460 torque. To think this thing is my daily driver, and I haven't been late to work for as long as I can remember. I've got pics of the car on the Defcon website if you want to take a gander. Click on appearances, and click miscellaneous pictures.

DEFCON Creator said:
"The Mustang" should be ready for the track by the end of the summer. We're hoping to hit the 10 second mark. (fingers crossed)

my uncle has a 69 bee with a 440 6 pack block she runs early 10s fully stock body horn and all...nhra told him he had to put a roll cage in or detune...he detuned...who would butcher a mint 69 bee

DEFCON Creator said:
Very nice. Right now, we're pulling a hair over 11.5. When everything is said and done we should easily have over 500hp, and about 460 torque. To think this thing is my daily driver, and I haven't been late to work for as long as I can remember. I've got pics of the car on the Defcon website if you want to take a gander. Click on appearances, and click miscellaneous pictures.

Pretty impressive Stang!!!! I am starting to look here and there for another '98 Mustang....Just need the body! I have access to a lil different type of engine that I want to shoehorn into it. LOL My goal is to completely destroy the new 'Vettes and the Viper!!! With our plans we will do it to!

btw rabbit, I reckon road racing is an awesome spectacle - I'm a big fan of the Isle Of Man, I'd love to go to that one day.

yeah rossi is an awesome rider, it's a shame his Yammie sucks the big one this season, looks like they didn't do enough work on the new engine. I've gotta say that I'd love the Aussies to win - Stoner, Vermuelen and co. Stoner's Duke has the edge this year, hopefully he'll win at Phillip Island in front of a big crowd of drunk Aussies - me included!

you should look into the Superbike School. there were a few guys on my course who were regular track day riders and racers and they all said they had improved after just doing level one. you get on track coaching as well as tutorial style sessions. you can get his books on cd to listen to in the cage if you want - I do, very thought provoking stuff. I highly recommend you give it a go, I guarantee it'll improve your riding!

Dyce51 said:
Pretty impressive Stang!!!! I am starting to look here and there for another '98 Mustang....Just need the body! I have access to a lil different type of engine that I want to shoehorn into it. LOL My goal is to completely destroy the new 'Vettes and the Viper!!! With our plans we will do it to!

The Vettes in my area pretty much hate me around here. It's fun to see a pompous yuppie try to impress his high maintenance witch. Ahhhh, the power of a "sleeper". :lol:

chilliman64 said:
btw rabbit, I reckon road racing is an awesome spectacle - I'm a big fan of the Isle Of Man, I'd love to go to that one day.

yeah rossi is an awesome rider, it's a shame his Yammie sucks the big one this season, looks like they didn't do enough work on the new engine. I've gotta say that I'd love the Aussies to win - Stoner, Vermuelen and co. Stoner's Duke has the edge this year, hopefully he'll win at Phillip Island in front of a big crowd of drunk Aussies - me included!

you should look into the Superbike School. there were a few guys on my course who were regular track day riders and racers and they all said they had improved after just doing level one. you get on track coaching as well as tutorial style sessions. you can get his books on cd to listen to in the cage if you want - I do, very thought provoking stuff. I highly recommend you give it a go, I guarantee it'll improve your riding!

1.- The Isle of Mann is the shizznit!!!!
2.- Yes, more education never hurt. I feel VERY confident on the track, but I'm always willing to take some classes.
3.- I remember when Chris Vermuelen raced world superbike. He is a very talented man. I respect him in that area. Talented guy!!

mate judging by your pic I'd say you're about a million times better rider than me. that's a very cool knee down pic, I don't even try that shit. respect bro!

xgrafcorex said:
oh yea, indoor karting is a ton of fun. you can easily spin those things out if you aren't careful. hah and yea, they do get a bit pissy if you mess with the other drivers too much. went with one of my friends that had never been before and i was all over him..but he was messing around trying to cut me off every chance he got. they finally made him let me pass. :lol: they also gave us each a warning flag since HE hit ME. :cool:

what kind of car is this you speak of?

Modified NSX

nice! i'd love to get behind the wheel of one of those. i hope honda/acura has an nsx replacement in the works that will see the streets in the near future.

with the speed of an s2000 with just a 4 banger...i'd love to see what they could do with a v8..or even a mid mounted v8! :cool:

I was at the local road course on Sunday and an S2000 was getting spanked pretty bad by an older Toyota MR2. I mean it wasn't even close. It could've been a driver skill level thing, but I was definitely surprised.

ehh on a road course it could've easily been driver skill i'd say (without having seen them myself though). perhaps that old mr2 was modded or something? they aren't too shabby of a car, especially the turbo ones, but it would surprise me to see one walk away from an s2000. maybe the s2k was new and the guy was going easy? who knows..

the s2k is technically mid-engined as well because the the whole thing is behind the front wheels...that or 95% of it is. i've never driven one (i tried to test drive one once, but i guess they didn't like the idea of having some 18 year old kid drive a $30k sports car heh) but as far as i know, they handle pretty well.

Dang you guys are talking about cars now. What's funny is I've worked for Roush before the job I have now, and I'm REALLY into bikes, but I don't know two craps about the differences in Cars. I just know how to make a part from scratch with a print or idea. I feel like I'm listening to another language now...LOL!!
It sounds like the conversation that you guys are talking about can relate to roadracing motorcycles though. If it's a road course rider skill can really make up for other advantages......Ex....CORNERSPEED and squaring off for an early drive..WHILE being smooth.:lol:

Back