• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Racers out there??

There are times when it can oddly be a hindrance with a bike roadracing on a course though. Sometimes if you have to much horsepower your fighting wheelies, and overspinning your rear tire. That can hurt too. On the tracks with long straights it helps, but on tight tracks like Laguna Seca it can be too much. It all depends. Yes, the horsepower can help, but it needs to be used CORRECTLY and at the perfect time.:lol: Oh, I've never ridden Laguna Seca either. I do know the local track at grattan is REALLY tight besides the front straight though. It's more technical than power.

How could you not have fun in this?

DIRTYZ.jpg

nice DD! is that the "black gold"?

IMG_2415s.jpg

here's my roommates old 280z(x?) i forget if it was just 280z or 280zx..it's an 82. yours appears to be in much better shape though. he bought this thing from someone at a car show for $200 and drove it home. we did have to stop once on the way back though, i honestly don't remember what the problem was. (it was a few years back) after that he had it up and running just fine besides a few electrical glitches here and there.

the 350z belonged to our old neighbor...though the guy with the datsun wound up getting a g35 coupe. got to drive it a few times..well got to drive both a few times...but i enjoyed each one. my car is fwd. :think: still is pretty fun to drive though..it's faster than my friends old datsun that's for sure.

this is my car.
IMG_2571s.jpg

Mine is an '83. A few mods under the hood, nothing too wild...yet. Not very fast in the 1/4 (17.9) but I can hang with Porsches in the twisties.

cool...i've never driven a car on a track. i'd love to though! have thought about taking my car to an autoX gathering to do some laps..but not sure if it's something i want to do with my daily driver. would prefer to have a second car to do that sort of thing, so that way, i'd know i would always have some sort of transportation.

also, not sure i want to risk hitting any of those cones with my new car. every bit of dirt and every little scratch shows up on a black car, so i'm sure the cones could do a number to the lip or wherever.

I use to race, I was the monkey on a sidecart team. 2 seasons in had a very bad crash & called it a day. Nowadays I just ride, have been out on the track a few times, but it's not the same. I ride old British bikes,69 BSA Victor Clubman & 70 Norton Commando SS (restoring as of now)

Chris Kewley said:
I use to race, I was the monkey on a sidecart team. 2 seasons in had a very bad crash & called it a day. Nowadays I just ride, have been out on the track a few times, but it's not the same. I ride old British bikes,69 BSA Victor Clubman & 70 Norton Commando SS (restoring as of now)

I like the old triumph they used to race in the old days. I can't remember the name off hand. It was very popular in the 70's though. So you raced sidecarts. Pretty cool;):mouthonfire: I know they do a sidecart race in the Isle of Mann too. I found a cool isle of mann vid on the internet, but can't get it to post.

rabbit said:
I like the old triumph they used to race in the old days. I can't remember the name off hand. It was very popular in the 70's though. So you raced sidecarts. Pretty cool;):mouthonfire: I know they do a sidecart race in the Isle of Mann too. I found a cool isle of mann vid on the internet, but can't get it to post.
Are you thinking of the Trident
http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Bike Directories/Triumph Bikes/Triumph Index.htm about half way down the page
It's funny to here you guy's talk about the Isle Of Mann as my herritage comes from there, not many people I know have ever heard of it.
I'll have to dig up some pics of the old chair I rode & post them

Chris Kewley said:
Are you thinking of the Trident
http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Bike Directories/Triumph Bikes/Triumph Index.htm about half way down the page
It's funny to here you guy's talk about the Isle Of Mann as my herritage comes from there, not many people I know have ever heard of it.
I'll have to dig up some pics of the old chair I rode & post them

Hey, Chris that would be the bike.:lol: Didn't know the name off hand. Just what it looked like. I'm actually a fan of the Isle of Mann. I think it's a very good race every year. Never seen it in person, but I respect the nads those guys have. I didn't know your heritage came from there. That would however explain where your racing blood came from though. VERY COOL!!! Post them pics when you get a chance. I'd like to see.:mouthonfire:

haha i love that shot around 1:35 where the camera seems like it was on the ground. it really gives you a good idea of just how fast those guys are moving. great video, but like many racing videos...i wish they'd just have the audio of the engines instead of music playing. also like the part where they get some air for a second! :mouthonfire:

i hadn't heard of the isle of man tt until a few months back, caught some article about it on bbc world news. sounds like a blast..should be crazy on the day they let everyone out there. :lol:

i don't know if you saw this rabbit because the thread kinda got buried, but i took a bunch of pics down at homestead, fl during a bike race. one of our clients where i used to work is a mechanic for one of the teams. sometimes he races, but he wasn't that day. he works for a shop called prieto racing.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=1342&page=2

starts at post 52 and ends at post 55..i put up some 12 hours of sebring pics too on one of the following pages.

xgrafcorex said:
haha i love that shot around 1:35 where the camera seems like it was on the ground. it really gives you a good idea of just how fast those guys are moving. great video, but like many racing videos...i wish they'd just have the audio of the engines instead of music playing. also like the part where they get some air for a second! :mouthonfire:

i hadn't heard of the isle of man tt until a few months back, caught some article about it on bbc world news. sounds like a blast..should be crazy on the day they let everyone out there. :hell:

i don't know if you saw this rabbit because the thread kinda got buried, but i took a bunch of pics down at homestead, fl during a bike race. one of our clients where i used to work is a mechanic for one of the teams. sometimes he races, but he wasn't that day. he works for a shop called prieto racing.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=1342&page=2

starts at post 52 and ends at post 55..i put up some 12 hours of sebring pics too on one of the following pages.

Nice pics!! Makes me miss it though.:shocked:

Intake, Exahust, 4K Head work (double springs, larger valves, ported, polished) Chipped. modified valvebody......I'm no wrench, I don'e even change the oil... All I know is it's Freaking fast.

Back