• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rain, cold, damp - habs and superhots dying

Rain, cold, damp - habs and superhots dying - PICS ADDED

The only ones doing ok are the cherry hots and a byadagi and sannam.

The rest look sick, cold, waterlogged. If I hear Al Gore talk about warming one more time I am gonna put my size 14 up his ass.

We could really use some SUMMER WEATHER in New Jersey. This is ridiculous. This is like March or April weather. No shit.

I hear ya. I'm up near Toronto Canada and it been pretty bad. We haven't had much rain but my plants are still water logged and i haven't watered them since the were planted a few weeks ago. Just the cool weather hasn't dried them out yet. I don't belive in global warming at all either. I belive in weater change. The southren hemisphere is getting warmer and the north cooler. Just talk to Neil from Australia about his summer.

my summer is already here worlok...it will get a few degrees hotter (high and low) in about 2-3 weeks and stay that way until the middle of September...I just hope I can keep my plants alive thru the hottest part of the summer...pod set comes to a stand still during July/August...

midjuneweather09.jpg

It's the same on the other side of the pond, sadly...

We had a glorious weekend of sun and good temperatures, and now it appears we'll be having more of the usual (rain and cold). :(

AJ: You got that forecast for Fort Worth or for my zip code? They look almost identical. ;) I'm prolly not going to set much more fruit either... which is a shame 'cause my late starts don't have much yet.

Not much you can do about the cold unless you have a greenhouse and cold does stunt them. Perhaps you can cover them somehow if they're getting too soggy? That might keep some heat in at night too.

The weather forecast for NJ for the next FIVE DAYS is RAIN. If they survive it'll be a miracle. I think it is safe to assume that I won't be getting Bhuts or Scorpions or 7 pots. (or even habs) I hope I am wrong, but they are smallish and the leaves have dark spots. It's just too cold and wet for them. maybe I can take some of the inside but they are already dirty and who know what insect have gotten into the soil. We already have these annoying gnats all over the house from another plant.

I know that next year I am going to try to get some seeds for these varieties EARLY, like Fall or December, and grow them inside until they are large enough by spring.

I'm sorry you are having issues worlok...I hope your plants survive and producen many pods for you...( fingers crossed )

AlabamaJack said:
my summer is already here worlok...it will get a few degrees hotter (high and low) in about 2-3 weeks and stay that way until the middle of September...I just hope I can keep my plants alive thru the hottest part of the summer...pod set comes to a stand still during July/August...

midjuneweather09.jpg

Looks very, very close to the weather here AJ, with a heat index well over 100.

Send some of that cool air this way Warlock.

I think everyone on this side of the Mississippi is having the same trouble, Worlok.

My efforts have been to keep nutrients in the soil as best I can.

I, for one, do "believe" in global warming, because of the thousands of graphs that show the UNMISTAKABLE exponential correlation between human population, C02 volume, and temperature in the last 50 years, which is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the lifespan of our planet. But thats a whole 'nother discussion!

Its sad to say, but in times like this, I kind of wish it would warm up a little! Stay positive, dude!

It's been the same here in the Midwest, getting tired of the rain. My lawn looks great but I'm not looking forward to eating it.

If things don't turn around for you worlok and I have some success I will be happy to share with you. Keep the faith.

patrick said:
It's been the same here in the Midwest, getting tired of the rain. My lawn looks great but I'm not looking forward to eating it.
Had you planted the grass that produces DMT, you could have been looking foward to eating it :hell:

I'll just need Bhut, Scorpion, and 7 Pot seeds should I not get any of these peppers. I got those seeds from various generous people on this forum. I can only hope that they recover and actually give me some peppers and seeds for next year. (sigh)

Hope the weather gets better for you!
The term global warming should really be changed to something like global weather change so as not to imply that things are always getting warmer but more highs and lows, and winds and precipitation:(

My Bhuts,Habs etc arent liking this weather but my Rocotos are absolutely loaded with pods. This cooler weather has def been a Rocoto kind of year

I pulled the Bhuts, 7's, and Scorpions in tonight. I cleaned the pots off and we'll see how they do inside for the next 8-10 days of cold rain we are supposed to get. The habs and others will just have to rough it outside.

One of my cherry hots though is loving it and making flowers, and I have an Indian byadagi and sanam that are growing ok. Weird.

I took some pics but can't get the pics off just yet.

I'm in Oakland California. It's June 17 and we've had rain and constant fog and no temps over 73 since forever it seems. It was supposed to warm up today. We had sun for 45 minutes. It should be 80 at our house this time of year. I haven't even used my ceiling fan this year!

Not lookin too good. Gonna have to get an umbrella for my plants.

Jun 18 Today Periods of rain. Thunder possible. High around 65F. Winds SSE at 15 to 25 mph. Rainfall may reach one inch.
Jun 18 Tonight Showers early, then cloudy overnight. Thunder possible. Low 63F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
Jun 19 Tomorrow Cloudy. High 76F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Jun 19 Tomorrow night Cloudy skies with a few showers later at night. Low 64F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.
Jun 20 Saturday Showers, maybe a rumble of thunder. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 60s.
Jun 21 Sunday A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 60s.
Jun 22 Monday Showers possible. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.
Jun 23 Tuesday Occasional showers possible. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s.
Jun 24 WednesdayScattered thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s.
Jun 25 Thursday Scattered thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s.
Jun 26 Friday Scattered thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s.
Jun 27 Saturday Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s.

Binganero said:
I, for one, do "believe" in global warming,

Very, very few people deny that global warming is taking place since we just have to look at the figures to see that it is happening. What people are debating is if we humans (and cows farts) are making the changes greater and faster than what's normal.

POTAWIE said:
The term global warming should really be changed to something like global weather change so as not to imply that things are always getting warmer but more highs and lows, and winds and precipitation:(

Global climate change in that case. Weather is the temperature, humidity, rainfall etc at a given time - the weather is always changing from one hour to the next. Climate is the weather over a long period of time, say 10-50-100-1000 years.

I can actually see the global warming happening - believe it or not. Our winter (=period with snow) is about 4-6 weeks shorter now compared to 20 years ago but that doesn't mean that the summers are always warmer. The fact that the average temperature on the globe is higher does not mean that we all get warmer weather:( Here we'll probably get a colder climate due to the global warming since tha changes will affect the North Atlantic Drift. In a hundred years we might be where Alaska was in the 1800's.

Back