• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rain, cold, damp - habs and superhots dying

MrArboc said:
Very, very few people deny that global warming is taking place since we just have to look at the figures to see that it is happening. What people are debating is if we humans (and cows farts) are making the changes greater and faster than what's normal.

Global climate change in that case. Weather is the temperature, humidity, rainfall etc at a given time - the weather is always changing from one hour to the next. Climate is the weather over a long period of time, say 10-50-100-1000 years.

I can actually see the global warming happening - believe it or not. Our winter (=period with snow) is about 4-6 weeks shorter now compared to 20 years ago but that doesn't mean that the summers are always warmer. The fact that the average temperature on the globe is higher does not mean that we all get warmer weather:( Here we'll probably get a colder climate due to the global warming since tha changes will affect the North Atlantic Drift. In a hundred years we might be where Alaska was in the 1800's.

Most of these models don't take into account solar output or the role of water vapor or other gases in the atmosphere. As a matter of fact, the biosphere is booming and most plants (excepting my peppers, it seems) are loving more CO2 in the atmosphere. There are more forests now in North American and Europe than there were 100 years ago. Also, there were periods where CO2 was exponentially higher than today. I also think that the role of volcanism is ignored too much.

Our winter was very long and cold, and apparently it hasn't really ended yet. :(

If they want to blame someone, blame the Asians for their terrible pollution, and what about Brazil? They are the ones cutting the rain forest down.

First the healthier ones.

Byadagi

IMG_1976.jpg

cherry hot

IMG_1984.jpg

sannam

IMG_1974.jpg

I forgot what this one is. I'll know when it makes peppers. This one has flowers about to open.

IMG_1972.jpg

the habs are the shorter ones - that bushy one is the cherry hot - several plants in one pot.

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

Cherry hot seems very resilient and hardy. The Byadagis and sannam are surprising me as those are Indian peppers.

IMG_1973.jpg

Okay now for the bhuts, scorpions and 7 pots - took most of them inside for a few days until this cold rain is over.

notice the dark spots and shrivelled parts of the leaves. look sickly

ADMIN - IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO POST MORE THAN 4 PHOTOS PER POST

IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

imaguitargod said:
wtf? Give it time for people to respond. :lol:

Uploaded the pics several hours ago, this morning. Figured it got lost in the mix, and was headed down fast. What, the occasional bump isn't welcome here? I am in other forums where they do that all the time, for no reason at all. :P

So, what do you think of my dying super hots?? :?:

Mine are starting to look the same way. Leaves are turning a blackish brown near the edges especially on the larger leaves of the Bhut's. I have to get some more pics of mine and post them soon. Some varieties I have seem to be doing better in this wet weather than others.

I actually had an idea today to get a piece of glass and place it on 2 sawhorses this way they would still get the light and no rain outside. When the weather gets better I could move them out from under the glass and back into the yard.

Back