• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

rain rain rain rain more rain

It has been raining here for almost two weeks, I thought it couldn't get any worse but this week we have had flooding warnings every day. Not only is my garden unworked but my plant's are swimming

Same here, my sprinklers haven't turned on in 2 weeks (rain sensors). For them to completely stay off means at least 1"/week

heatwave here.... around 28C all week with humidity factor we will feel it at around 35c all week...

this means about 85F all week with the feeling of 95 due to humidity... only good for my peppers not for me!

I just moved my plants under the deck here in GA in anticipation of the heavy rains to come later today.  Don't think I'll be smoking any ribs either.

Oh well

Rice farming is a good idea. Is there a market for tree frog legs?  The tree frogs are here making more noise than
a van full of teenage rappers. We have tadpoles growing all over our lot. Anyplace there is a place for even a tiny
amount of standing water there are frog eggs and/or tadpoles.

I thank the gods that I decided to grow in buckets and fabric bags.  The torrents of just drain right through.
Our lawn is so soggy the mower self propelled wheels just skid!  We have to push like in the old days.

It started drying up in April in Southern California. We are headed towards a major drought. 

I'm spending at least an hour every day watering around the house. 

It started drying up in April in Southern California. We are headed towards a major drought. 

I'm spending at least an hour every day watering around the house. 

I Haven't watered my peppers since potting out... This week we finally had some dry weather and a whole bunch of new growth showed up.

I was contemplating watering them last night but it rained AGAIN!

It's a tough grow this year, so far!

we are having a nice few weeks lately, higher 70's to 80 during the day and about 65 at night, had 1 day hit 97 or so, suppose to get another next week at 95 and steady 80 or so... these temps are done at the beach im more in land so add 3-5 degrees onto that, and humidity is always like 80% or higher here lol so feels like your gunna die if it hits 100 or higher lol

I know the feeling. Two weeks of rain everyday and maybe one day where the sun was out for more than an hour. Sunny today with a firework filled evening so I feel better. Rest of the week looks ok too, knock on wood.

Im battling bacterial leafspot due to such high humidity from all the rain. Still cant get away from it and annmy plant are under my covered hoophouse!

holyhotpeppers said:
Im battling bacterial leafspot due to such high humidity from all the rain. Still cant get away from it and annmy plant are under my covered hoophouse!
Thats why....the hoophouses and greenhouses do prevent a bit of much needed airflow in these conditions...

Yeah for real... its been raining for two weeks and is supposed to rain for another week... and last summer, while we were out on vacation around the country it rained 0 times in june and my garden barely lived...  This year.. I am able to tend my garden and keep it watered.... but mother nature is finally doing what I asked... nay, prayed for last year.

Back