• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rain!

WeatherTAP.jpg

Aweesome to hear dude! as much as im happy for you, its hurricane season in sunny Miami, Florida and its horrid. its been raining at random times for a week now. my bhuts look bad! is there some kind of way to dry out the potted soil without remixing it with other materials?

Aweesome to hear dude! as much as im happy for you, its hurricane season in sunny Miami, Florida and its horrid. its been raining at random times for a week now. my bhuts look bad! is there some kind of way to dry out the potted soil without remixing it with other materials?

Thanks, man! Yes, it is some heavenly downfall, for sure!

Sorry about the bhuts...Can you bring the pot inside for a week? Air-conditioned air is way drier than outside air, by several orders of magnitude...

We are in the 3rd worst drought in history down here on the border. Maybe some rain coming in a day or two, sure would be nice.

We are in the 3rd worst drought in history down here on the border. Maybe some rain coming in a day or two, sure would be nice.

Dude, I was down in Beeville Friday, just north of you, and it was some kind of hot and dry. I'm hoping y'all get a good soaking soon, like the one we got today.

I hear ya. We have a ranch in Concepcion, TX and it's the same there. Same up here in Austin, too. Sure would be nice to have a mild tropical system park itself over South/South Central Texas and give us some much needed rain.

wish i could you some of mine.
severe thunderstorms tonight with up to 60 mph winds and possible hail up to 1".
good thing there in buckets!they are in the garage for the night.

wish i could you some of mine.
severe thunderstorms tonight with up to 60 mph winds and possible hail up to 1".
good thing there in buckets!they are in the garage for the night.

Wow, okay, I just got real grateful! My garden would look like Joplin MO if I had that weather...

I hear ya. We have a ranch in Concepcion, TX and it's the same there. Same up here in Austin, too. Sure would be nice to have a mild tropical system park itself over South/South Central Texas and give us some much needed rain.

Welcome to THP! I'm a native Texan myself, born in McAllen, although I've lived here in Louisiana for most of my life....

Up until yesterday, this had been the driest summer I'd ever seen...I just have to believe y'all will get a break over there.

A little rain in the area this morning, but none here. Maybe we will get some later today...............hoping. Have some water buckets ready to collect the rainwater if it does happen.

im so exited, too! we're getting rain for the first time in weeks down in houston. its so sad to see water overflowing out of my rain barrels :( i wish i had more!!

I just leave mine out in the hail and storms. It builds character. It's like in Ernest Goes to Camp when the guy is shooting at him point blank but he's protected by the Great Spirit. :o If got some of that Texas hail it might be a different story though. :o

We have too much rain here, it's getting really annoying. I can't even go canoeing because the park keeps closing due to high waters. You guys in Texas, err, I mean ya'll can have it. I'm gonna go have a Coke, the Dr. Pepper kind.

It has rained only twice in 3 months here in east coast of Florida. Tons of wild fires. Wierd how the climate has changed. Pray for rain for us southern folk. Prey for heat(Just not too much heat) and sun for you northern chiliheads.

Had at least 2 inches during the downpour yesterday and then a steady light rain all night. The Rio Grande Valley will be bright green for a couple of weeks for sure.

Back