• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rainbowberry's chillis are growing

rainbowberry said:
Now :D They are definitely Orange Habs. Quite hot for being so little but all my plants have been stressed out quite a few times (lack of watering in hot weather). I had them chopped up in a ham sandwich with chilli tomato relish and pickled Manzano chillis, also a beef sandwich with spicy onion and garlic relish, and in a cheese spread sandwich, along with lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Well it was dinner really as I'm out tonight and probably won't get round to doing dinner.

damn...thats 3 meals :shocked: sounds like you know just how to mistreat a plant lol. Now if you could just work out how to bottle that Orange Hab perfume.....

r.b have a good night out the plants are looking great,peppadew those the pickled red ones by baxters?

its 25 here and about 27 where r.b is :)

talas said:
r.b have a good night out the plants are looking great,peppadew those the pickled red ones by baxters?

its 25 here and about 27 where r.b is :)
I just came back from 39c and it wasn't so hot. you British people are so sensitive. :lol:

Yeah they're the same ones you get in the jars Talas, I think they have a little more kick though straight off the plant (well that's what someone else once said). You're right about the temperature, the greenhouse thermometer is only reading 30c though. I thought it might be hotter in there. I chose the right day to have off. I've just been up to the greenhouse with boiling water as in the corner I saw a flying ants nest, I was bending over and felt something go down the back of my skirt, turned round and there was this humungous flying ants nest I hadn't noticed and had disturbed. I've never moved so quick in all my life from that greenhouse and can't stop scratching, they're flying everywhere. I've sprayed some safe stuff through the window and gap in the door, also there's a bit fat spider playing with some of them. Only problem is though is I've left the kettle up there :rolleyes: and I'm not going in there until they've settled down or pegged it. The kettle's empty so I've tried to get Murphy to fetch it out but all he picked up was a plant saucer :doh:

* I suppose we're just not used to the heat Omri, no.. OK, we're a sensitive bunch. It's just so humid and sticky. You weren't what took me by surprise in the greenhouse were you Omri? ;)

I was just wondering RB because Im growing s Scorpion this year and if its growing ok in 27 degrees mine should be ok as we will top 40 degrees starting soon. Its about 33 here now, its been rather mild.

Hi Rainbowberry
Your plants look stunning!
How old are they and did you grow them outdoors.
tori :)

tori said:
Hi Rainbowberry
Your plants look stunning!
How old are they and did you grow them outdoors.
tori :)

I started my seeds between late December to February for those ones Tori, they were indoors until a few months ago when I got the greenhouse.

Necrocannibal said:
I was just wondering RB because Im growing s Scorpion this year and if its growing ok in 27 degrees mine should be ok as we will top 40 degrees starting soon. Its about 33 here now, its been rather mild.

I found at first that any plant I had with the name 'Trinidad or Tobago' in didn't look too happy in the heat, mainly because I didn't harden them off, i.e Tobago Seasoning, Trinidad Scorpion, Congo Trinidad, but now they seem to love the heat.

Back