• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Random Noob Question

So im reading on the fermentation process..and i think i have a handle on that...so i make the mash..ok good deal..now from there i would use it just as i would fresh in hot sauce recipes? Just curious. im wanting to use this years pods in some hot sauce and wanting to ferment the peppers...just making sure i am understanding the process right. thanks all.

yes, that's basically it. 

When making hot sauces, you can use fresh chiles, fermented chiles (often with other fruits/veggies added), frozen chiles, or dried chiles.  Think that pretty much covers it~~~

Do your fermentation, then decide how you want to make that into a sauce.  It can be a simple as blendering the snot out of the fermented pulp and bottling that, or it can be added with other ingredients for a totally different flavored sauce.  That's where the fun comes in....What to do?????  so many choices~~~~  :lol:

Have Fun and just Go for it!
Salsalady

salsalady said:
yes, that's basically it. 

When making hot sauces, you can use fresh chiles, fermented chiles (often with other fruits/veggies added), frozen chiles, or dried chiles.  Think that pretty much covers it~~~

Do your fermentation, then decide how you want to make that into a sauce.  It can be a simple as blendering the snot out of the fermented pulp and bottling that, or it can be added with other ingredients for a totally different flavored sauce.  That's where the fun comes in....What to do?????  so many choices~~~~  :lol:

Have Fun and just Go for it!
Salsalady
excellent...thank you! so just make it up as you go? i am good at that!!

pretty much~

follow the basic steps for fermenting and bottling/processing.  After that....it's all you, Dude~  :)

Back