• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

randyp SW Iowa 2015 not corn grow.

Time to knock the dust off the keypad and practice with the camera I got at the end of last season.My seed list is ready but still needs taken down a bit.I will say (judy) is going to have her own section in my garden and Hence forth shall be stated in my updates as(The Judy Wing).Also I have some seeds from my good buddy Dew(thanks Scott).One more shout out to Chris(Joyners powders friggin rock)as I will be introducing his ""Mystery Wine""to some good old dark Iowa soil.
    Alabama Jack,your puree basic recipe is the one I now will be using to preserve peppers for sauces that I don't dry,send to our friends on this site or torment my people at the factory with.It's so simple that I can move your numbers up or down and get the same results.I will be doing a better job this year on weights and measurements to not only help me but anyone checking in so if they see something I need to adjust,we have accurate numbers to go by.
   Starting nursery first week of March,plant out date first week of May.
All will be from seed this year.My first two years I bought some live plants,after I did my first start with seeds last year,I found they were more prepared and thrived because they had been in my control from the start.I do think highly of"chiliplants"and would send anyone looking for a healthy plant or new types to consult them.
      I look forward to watch other glogs,as we fight the weather,bugs,and other thing's the Wrath of God sends our way.
   Good luck to all.
 Randy
P.s
  If I can get my seed from the "Growdown"to be as tall as the corn here I will be a happy man. :party:

Puree --
2100 gr  peppers
1260 ml wht,vinegar
2tbls sea salt
7tbls honey

I found my new roaster perfect for this,as i ruin more pans trying to cook on a burner.(get a good one)
Use nothing but plastic utensils,I set temp at 275 degrees and adjusted up or down according to my simmer.
cooked down just a bit not 1/3rd for this batch.I am still toying with what works for me.
Waterbath jars.This made 3qts and 1pt(i will never,never cook puree or any heavy on the peppers stuff in the house again.lesson learned.)
thanks again AJ
2015-01-18 005.JPG

2015-01-18 006.JPG

2015-01-18 007.JPG

2015-01-18 009.JPG

2015-01-18 010.JPG

ThePepperTrent said:
Holy moley!

If only my garden looked half as decent as your's... Nice pods! Tons of em too!
Shortly you will be able to get your hands on them puppies Trent.
yellow bhut xx 7pot ?
P8020008.jpg

bubblegum
P8020004.jpg

7pot xx choco bhut
P8020003.jpg

choco bhut
P8020002.jpg

TSMB
P8020001.jpg

I have several free boxes for paybacks that are going to be reserved.The rest of the pods will be offered up each Friday in a post on this web-site .My only shipping out day is Monday.I wont take the chance on mail service later in the week.I think will be asking for 16$ and would include shipping.
  Not making this a big bizz guys.Just trying to not but lots of freezer bags.

randyp said:
Shortly you will be able to get your hands on them puppies Trent.
yellow bhut xx 7pot ?
attachicon.gif
P8020008.jpg
bubblegum
attachicon.gif
P8020004.jpg
7pot xx choco bhut
attachicon.gif
P8020003.jpg
choco bhut
attachicon.gif
P8020002.jpg
TSMB
attachicon.gif
P8020001.jpg
   I have several free boxes for paybacks that are going to be reserved.The rest of the pods will be offered up each Friday in a post on this web-site .My only shipping out day is Monday.I wont take the chance on mail service later in the week.I think will be asking for 16$ and would include shipping.
  Not making this a big bizz guys.Just trying to not but lots of freezer bags.

Randy beautiful pods brother . I may suggest selling some pods on the marketplace . I have tried to sell on my grow and failed miserably . Most of the buyers are not growers so they rarely stop by are grow logs. 

Have a great weekend sir . What ya got smoking ? I wanna do a brisket if mamma lets me . 

stickman said:
Nice color on those pods Randy! You've certainly been doing well this season. :party: Take care and keep up the good work!
  Thanks Rick my friend.Was not to long ago we were pushing snow.Now look at us.I can say I have been blessed by no bad problems that are sure to crop up from time to time,Enjoy your harvest Rick,It will be a good one. :onfire:

romy6 said:

Randy beautiful pods brother . I may suggest selling some pods on the marketplace . I have tried to sell on my grow and failed miserably . Most of the buyers are not growers so they rarely stop by are grow logs. 

Have a great weekend sir . What ya got smoking ? I wanna do a brisket if mamma lets me . 
   Thanks Jamie,I am a fish out of water when it comes to paypal and all that crap.Its easier for me just to pay for a shipping label send out some treats.I have been watching how Wicked Mike does it and agree,when I have some boxes ready I will use the marketplace.My crop is just turning so I want to be able to send out the best to everyone before I go there.By the way yours is going to be a Bute. ;)
7 pod white
P8070014.jpg

reapers
P8070012.jpg

Scotts(dew)white hab
P8070011.jpg

yellow morugas are huge again
P8070009.jpg

TSMB
P8070005.jpg

yellow bhut xx 7 pot
P8070004.jpg

7-pot(seeds from the hottest pod me and the boys sampled at work last year
P8070002.jpg

yellow bhut
P8050011.jpg

randyp said:
  Neighbor(i cooked for)  had this Top Shelf VO waiting for me when I got home monday.I dont drink during the week so I think he did It to torture me.Cant wait till Friday to give it a go. :dance:
attachicon.gif
P7200003.jpg
Hey nice poddage in here and awesome Texas Vodka!

Chewi said:
Hey nice poddage in here and awesome Texas Vodka!
  Pods are doing great Rob,And that Longhorn Vodka was some of the smoothest I ever had.Hook-em,unless your an Agie or Bear.lol

Alright Randy... Nice money shot! You've certainly got enough of the supers coming in to really warm the cockles of your heart this winter... ;)

I hear ya 'bout minor physical torments... take care of yourself buddy!

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
Nice haul! Take care of the neck, buddy.
Thanks Joe,I was really wore down after finishing the garden stuff over the weekend.Your box with the others is on the way.Enjoy.

stickman said:
Alright Randy... Nice money shot! You've certainly got enough of the supers coming in to really warm the cockles of your heart this winter... ;)

I hear ya 'bout minor physical torments... take care of yourself buddy!
Rick my age is kickin my butt,but with work and the garden my mind says go go go.Pods are huge again this year,lol

Chewi said:

Go Frogs :shh:
How could I forget the best team in the State,You are correct Sir.Go TCU.
   Terry the daughter and I loved the jams.The peach caught her off guard with the Mystery Wine and Reapers for heat.Thanks buddy,your package is leaving soon. ;)

P8170003_1.jpg

tctenten said:
Glad they got there in one piece...pretty quick too, they were mailed Saturday morning.
The Dr popped 2 bones in my neck it is better already.Still sore,I pushed it hard this last weekend taking care of the guys who wanted pods.
   Terry your box goes out this morning,it has pods and a sauce for ya buddy. ;)

Thanks for the box of heat.  I liked that sauce, just a good old fashion sauce with no fruit and a ton of heat.   :onfire:

Thanks again Randy.  Your moruga pods are huge again.

Your plants are loaded with some of the finest looking pods around, Randy! I can't wait to see some ripe pics of those 7pot x chocolate bhut pods. Those things look crazy!

Back