• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Raspberry chiplote BBQ pork steaks and slaw

My smoker wont light and im tired of fighting with it sooo...................

6 pork steaks charred on the grill
1 cup Rothchild Farms Raspberry Chipolte sauce.
16oz bottle of whatever BBQ sauce you like.
1 tbs Korean pepper flakes
1 tsp homemade orange hab powder
2 small white onions chopped.

Mix up the sauces, onion and spices

Place all the pork steaks in a large pot, Cover them with the sauce and just enough water to cover. About a cup for mine. Simmer until tender.

Roasted pineapple hab slaw, Recipe is on Rothchild Farms website. Balsamic works well too if you like it a bit sweeter. I put everything in except the mayo. Then add mayo until i get the consistency i prefer too. Im rather partial to a good cider vinegar for slaw so i adjust the bite a little to my tastes or just use it instead of the lemon juice.

Ingredients
1 bag Coleslaw mix, store bought
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. Robert Rothschild Farm Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Dip or Sauce
2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
Extra-virgin olive oil, drizzled

Instructions
In a large bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Add the shredded slaw mix and toss until combined.

This turned out remarkably well. I simmered the pork steaks just long enough for the meat to pull easily from the bone. A knife was still needed to cut them but just barely.
P1020802_zpsozwfruwl.jpg

P1020803_zpsb9kprkzt.jpg

Blis Blast added a nice bit of "tang" to it.
P1020805_zpsargoy03v.jpg

I poured some in a small bowl for my brother. He loved it. Really nice sauce if you like going heavy without your face melting. There is probably a couple tbs on my plate in the last pic. Thats not BBQ sauce. :D

I got leftovers for today too.

BTW if you guys have never tried that slaw recipe you are REALLY missing out on a damn fine slaw. Im not sure if my imagination or what but......The new bottle from Rothchilds seems milder. Maybe my heat tolerance has just increased but i would swear its not as spicy.

Sounds good over a bed of some aromatic rice.

Back