• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Raw ingredients/ roast or use raw

For my fruit and my onions I have been putting them on a broiler sheet and cooking them till they have a caramelized appearance. That was recommended to me by the hot pepper on another topic I posted. I have recently read that you should roast your fresh peppers on high in a skillet for 20 to 30 seconds before you put them in the mixture to start boiling as this supposedly releases more flavor. Can anyone verify what pre-cooking my fruit and onion and possibly even roasting my fresh peppers before hand really does to change the flavor of the sauce? To an average person whos tasting a sauce and dealing with the heat can they really tell the difference between two identical batches where one was made with pre-cooked and roasted ingredients and the other was not?

Something I never considered was that when Im tasting my sauce on the tip of my finger right from the bottle I can actually taste the flavor before the heat sets in. But when I put my sauce on food the flavor gets masked by the flavor of the food. I mean its not like Im dousing this stuff on like you would ketchup LOL.

And to me the more Scovil units a sauce has the less I notice the taste because the minute it hits my tongue it starts burning LOL. I can, however, notice more flavor differences in milder hot sauces.

Someone enlighten me and help me understand please. Thanks

The Hot Pepper said:
If you don't boil hot dogs, you don't get the bonus hot dog water to make a Bloody American.

Red solo cup:
Fill with ice
2 ounces vodka
2 ounces hot dog water
1 ounce ketchup
Bacon bits
Shake, and serve with pickle spear
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
Did you just make that up?
Funny thing is I would make that and drink that just to watch the expression on people’s faces. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back