• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ready to pick or Overripe?

Not sure what kind of pepper this is. You can see the smaller one is much brighter green.Is this pepper ripe,overripe, or still not there? I cant really tell but it looks almost brown now not darker green. Still feels firm not mushy.

2u8f0hx.jpg

Give it a few more days. I still see a hint of green where the stem cap meets the pepper

Thanks for the advice everyone. Today I see red coming in so I'm super excited. Short of 3 small choc hab pods I haven't gotten much else out of my topsy turvy pepperwise. But I'm learning alot as a new grower. I have some seeds on order and hope to do some container growing the rest of the year. Through the winter I hope to get a patch of land ready out back. Thanks again to everybody at THP everyone is so helpful and response time is very short.

Topsy turvy !

If thats what I think it is, I got one for christmas a few years ago for tomatoes and never used it. Might be a good time to give it a try with my peppers ! heh
Thanks!

Topsy turvy !

If thats what I think it is,

Thats it. Mine is for peppers. About half the size as a tomatoe one. It works for me. Got 3 nice choc hab already with atleast 8 new pods I counted today. It has 7 plants total but newbie me didn't label them so it's kind of a surprise what I end up with. Like this. I had no idea it would turn red I thought this thing was dead

Back