• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Really, really, really hot pepper

So this kid I know at school had some peppers with him today. I had one, and my mouth was on fire. I'm talking incredible unbearable pain. After about half an hour of this, it started to wear off, but my mouth was still tingling for about an hour afterward.

The pepper was purple, short, and elongated, but round. Not spherical though. What kind of pepper was this? I'm curious so I can get more.

Did it look like this a bit?

23.jpg

If they were kind of small and that shape, maybe it was an unripe Golden nugget.

So this kid I know at school had some peppers with him today. I had one, and my mouth was on fire. I'm talking incredible unbearable pain. After about half an hour of this, it started to wear off, but my mouth was still tingling for about an hour afterward.

The pepper was purple, short, and elongated, but round. Not spherical though. What kind of pepper was this? I'm curious so I can get more.

sounds like it might have been a gold bullet hab. if it was then they are hot as hell for there size. hard to tell without a picture. the gold nuggets got a little sting to them but nothing lethal.

Sounds like your tolerence is a little low. This calls for you to try a 7 pod douglah. :mouthonfire:

Shesh start him off slowly.. guys. We don’t want to scare him away... he does not need to start with such a huge pepper. I would suggest starting small and working your way up. Let's see oh yea... a good small pepper to start with would be a Butch T Scorpion. Don't let the scorpion name scare ya, they just call it that because it has a cute little tail. It's about half the size of that nasty hot Douglah, much easier to get it all down for your 1st Chile.

There are quite a few purple peppers. Many look very similar. Best thing it to ask the kid you got it from, where he got them from. Did he, or someone he knew grow them? Then ask those people what they are called. By the way, where is Bagley?
And welcome to THP!!!!!

This one time.....at band camp......this kid I know had some peppers with him. I had one, and my mouth was on fire. I'm talking incredible unbearable pain. After about half an hour of this, it started to wear off, but my mouth was still tingling for about an hour afterward.

FIFY

;)

Just pullin yer chain, man...

The person I got it from called it an "Ornamental pepper".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/Capsicum_annuum_Twilight.jpg

Looks like the dark purple one.

The person I got it from called it an "Ornamental pepper".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/Capsicum_annuum_Twilight.jpg

Looks like the dark purple one.

Well if you did not like the taste... don't let that discourage you from trying others. Most ornamental peppers taste pretty blah. That was a NuMex Twilight pepper developed a few miles from where I live at the NMSU Chile Pepper institute.

NuMex Twilight

Shesh start him off slowly.. guys. We don’t want to scare him away... he does not need to start with such a huge pepper. I would suggest starting small and working your way up. Let's see oh yea... a good small pepper to start with would be a Butch T Scorpion. Don't let the scorpion name scare ya, they just call it that because it has a cute little tail. It's about half the size of that nasty hot Douglah, much easier to get it all down for your 1st Chile.

ur mean lol :hell:

I'm sure it was really really hot for you but not even close to what we here consider really hot. Sounds like one of many purple podded C. annuums. You need to find some super hot C.chinenses to light up this kid

If you thought that purple pepper was hot hot hot then please don't go near any of the peppers mentioned by these scoundrels. Get on line and find yourself a pepper heat scale and start at the bottom and work your way up. Don't be in a rush and before you know it that purple pepper won't make you bat an eye.

Good luck and cool on you for having the cajones to eat it.

Back