• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Red 7 pod

Hey, I was wondering if some of you have some pics of a red 7 pod. I have that plant from the nursery that was labeled 7 pod and got the first pod off of it today. It's big and red. Slightly wrinkled. I only found a few photo's of red's but know that there is a lot of pod variation. I checked on thechileman.org and it might be a congo red.....not sure. Will post pics tomorrow.

Here ya go.

IMG_1185.jpg

Capsicum chinense what u showing SY is not trinidad red 7pod it might be...Antilles Caribbean...or...trinidad congo red..or... red savina..

the skin is too smooth for 7pod cut it open and u will find it think skin while all 7pods have thin skin flesh not very chuncy on all 7pods your seems chuncy like the habanero family

this is a pic of red 7pod

hpim2547k.jpg

hpim2545.jpg

Here's a few for you.

These are 7 Primo's

IMG_5840re.jpg

7 Pod Barrackpore

IMG_5798rre.jpg

Some regular red 7's

IMG_5727re-1.jpg

7 Pod Jonah

IMG_5545cre.jpg

More regular red 7 Pods, seeds from AJ.

IMG_5553cre.jpg

That's it for now.

nice pics patrick i like the 7 Primo's they are not known well are they if i can get hold of them i can add them to my growing list

Hey Patrick
First time to post. I new.
What is that white thing in the middle an (egg) if so WoW! them things are big..Also the jonah..I have a pic on flicker it is still green could you look at it and tell be what you think it is ? Thanx Dave Macon Ga
http://www.flickr.com/photos/addaboys/

Hi Dave!

It's a ping pong ball. Not quite the size of an egg but I thought it did a good job of giving folks an idea how big those 7's were. These are ones you don't want to macho up on and eat all by themselves. By the time you get done chewing the top half of your head has already melted. :mouthonfire:

If you're talking about pics 1 and 2 it looks pretty close. Is the pod real thin skinned? You can tell if it doesn't have any weight to it. Also if you give it a slight flick of a finger does it sound hollow, more so than any of your other red peppers? If so you might have a Jonah.

Welcome to the THP Dave, good to have you with us.

Hi Dave!

It's a ping pong ball. Not quite the size of an egg but I thought it did a good job of giving folks an idea how big those 7's were. These are ones you don't want to macho up on and eat all by themselves. By the time you get done chewing the top half of your head has already melted. :mouthonfire:

If you're talking about pics 1 and 2 it looks pretty close. Is the pod real thin skinned? You can tell if it doesn't have any weight to it. Also if you give it a slight flick of a finger does it sound hollow, more so than any of your other red peppers? If so you might have a Jonah.

Welcome to the THP Dave, good to have you with us.

Patrick
Thanx for the reply, and yes they are rough, very thin and hollow..Well that would be just fine if they are Jonah, They were supposed to be Bhuts.
Did you have a comment about the red one's on my page?

Back