Red bell Pepper!

I bought a red bell pepper for dinner tonite and was going to throw away all the waste that you don't need. Then all of a sudden I caught myself saving all the seeds.:) I'll use them for next growing seeds.:onfire:

John

Whether or not you should save the seeds depends on what you want. The plants you get will most likely be like one of the parents, so it's not a complete loss. You'll get some sort of red bell pepper, most like.

I did the same thing a couple of months ago with a delicious red bell I got from the market....the seeds sprouted like crazy and I'm hoping they will be like the mother plant....it'll be interesting to see what I get.:)

Daisy7117 said:
I did the same thing a couple of months ago with a delicious red bell I got from the market....the seeds sprouted like crazy and I'm hoping they will be like the mother plant....it'll be interesting to see what I get.:)

The seeds are still drying out now. But, I will plant a few and see what comes of them. If anything we will have nice looking red bell peppers.:)

I think Omri meant why don't you just sow some of them without drying them out first, germination is often quicker. Then dry the rest.

rainbowberry said:
I think Omri meant why don't you just sow some of them without drying them out first, germination is often quicker. Then dry the rest.
You know me so well. ;)
Drying them before using will just take longer.

Omri said:
You know me so well. ;)
Drying them before using will just take longer.

Have to say point well taken. Didn't know that and will remember that the next time I buy and try to use the seeds from the peppers. Thanks guys for the new info.:lol:

Back