• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Red Bhut Babies

This is my first grow of anything whatsoever. Im not sure exactly how old they are, but they are still very young. I bought seeds from bhut-pepper.com, not that i recommend them, seeds are extremely overpriced. 10 seeds for $10. I bought them before joining this forum and getting the inside on peppers, so i didn't know any better. According to online reviews, the seeds seem to be the real deal, so hopefully i wont get the "habanero surprise". 

Theyre grown in a medium of 2 parts peat moss, 1 part mushroom compost, and a dash of potting soil to retain moisture better. I first tried without the soil, and the medium would be completely bone dry in only about 8 hours after i watered it. I pampered them while also taking on the LITFA approach, as nature would do, so over-watering was never a mistake i made. I started them under a florescent bulb about an inch away from the top of the cotyledons, and had a fan blowing on them for about 3 hours a day to encourage stocky and bushy growth, which i think was a success. There are two plants that made it out of four seeds planted. The smaller one is actually about a week older than the bigger one, due to root damage from me being a noob and leaving part of the main root exposed. But since re potted them an put them outside, they both started exploding in growth and i think theyre looking pretty healthy so far.  

Yes, i am a bad photographer.

Hey :)
Great start for your first grow, it looks like you're doing everything just right.
Happy new year.
Best of luck for your 2015 season :)

Good job,so far so good!as for seeds just pm me and if I have extras i can send some your way.
Good job,so far so good!as for seeds just pm me and if I have extras i can send some your way.

mpicante said:
cool, what kind of seeds do you have?

Back