RED HAWK PREMIUM PEPPERS

I'm not one to toot my own horn but I'm truly flattered and humbled by all these reviews. This one comes from Brad W. in State College, PA:

"So, a few weeks ago I purchased a trio of hotness—B3, Grounds for Divorce, and Hot Pepper Relish.
I’m not a person who enjoys pounding my palette with a “trial by fire.” In fact, to me Texas Pete has always been a “hot sauce.” Sure, I’ve had other hot sauces, but most of the time I find them to have obnoxious levels of “heat” or some weirdo flavor that could double as an ingredient in hot garbage. Nevertheless, I do like a “kick” on my foods and often enjoy the occasional hot wing. With this in mind, I opted to try some of the highly touted sauces from Red Hawk Premium Peppers. My orientation into the world of “premium” hot sauces is not something I’ll soon regret. Simply put, the dastardly trio of bottles, containing what could best be described as an agglomeration of Scoville units, left me awestruck. Sure, they’re “hotter n’ Hell,” but the flavor is something that is natural . . . a poor description, to be sure. Rather, I would say these sauces amplify my—unashamedly—already tasty foods. First up, B3: This sauce is something special with a sweet heat and a pronounced banana’ish flavor intensified by Bhout Jolokia peppers. It’s hot, but the underlying sweetness makes it a hit on poultry. I tried this on turkey, chicken, and beef (in various forms) and, while all were good, it worked best with lighter colored meats. I wouldn’t be surprised if this wouldn’t be a great accompaniment to seafood, too.

Next up is my favorite, “Grounds for Divorce.” This sauce is a blend of garlic and God knows what kind of hot peppers. It’s an all around good hot sauce, and I’m nearly certain I could put this on day-old white bread and it would be a hit in any five-star restaurant—it’s that good. Finally, the Hot Pepper Relish: What can I say? It’s relish with hot peppers. Of the three, this is my least “used” sauce. It’s good, but I haven’t found out where it’s best suited; however, I do believe this will change when spring comes and I light the grill and cook hotdogs. Bottom line . . .if you’re a casual user of hot pepper sauces, I can’t recommend Red Hawk Premium Pepper line-up enough. If you’re a connoisseur of hot sauces . . .well, you probably are more adept at identifying the nuances of flavor contained within many potent mixtures, but I’d urge you to give Dan’s sauces a try. Why? They make good food. . .better."

Back