• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Red: Sweet, and Spicy (looks like a cross bewteen Jalapeno & Poblano)

I tried uploading the images here but cant find an upload button.

Anyways, these peppers are real interesting as the flesh tastes perfectly sweet, low heat detection, but the seeds do have some kick. Almost dont notice it at first but then it gets going and lingers for a long time thereafter. I just cant remember what to call these. Now that I've eaten a whole pod there is a bit more heat in the flesh than first detected. Really surprised how long the heat lingers for, for not being all that hot.

11313384934_7b86de66da_o_d.jpg

11313432313_86c025a899_o_d.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Looks just like some fancy named chef creation I saw this season. A local nursery had them here and my neighbor bought us a plant. I stuff and grilled a few for those that like no heat
I bought a few pounds of what were labled "Fresno" peppers at my grocery this past fall and as described above they were sweet as sugar and had heat less than a Jalapeno. They weren't 'heat free' as sweet pepper, but had just enough to let you know they were there.  I cold smoked them with apple wood and the resulting product was heavenly.  I could not absolutely confirm that they were Fresno's so I have bought seeds for both Fresno and Santa Fe peppers for this coming season and intend to try both.

Also look like "Fresno" peppers I've bought from the grocery store.  I'm growing seeds from them, fresno seeds I purchased, Havasu F1 (a fresno hybrid), and Hawaiian Sweet Hot to compare.  All are described to be very similar: sweet, great flavor, and low heat. I love the "fresnos" from the store (also sometimes labeled as red jalapenos, which they clearly aren't). 

Back