• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Reptile Heat mat?

Hey.

I'm looking at purchasing a heat mat to germinate seeds for the upcoming season, was looking around on ebay and found this.

Heat Mat

and will put it together with a

thermostat

Will that work for seeds?

Its nearly $70 cheaper then the local gardening shop's one for plants.

Thanks!

Herps' heat mats worked perfectly for me, though mine were 9w and 14w.

The thermostat will take care of the excess, though...

I used a reptile heat mat this year. They heat up a lot more than what seeds need. I used used an adjustable dial attachment to change how much power was put into it. It didn't have a thermostat on it. I put a thermometer next to the seeds and the adjuster just turned the poser to it up and down. It was just barely turned on at all. But it worked great. A thermostat should work even better. This should work just fine for seeds.

i brought a heatpad from the local home brew store as they can be used to germinate seeds as well works fine for me cost about 50 bucks

I've used heat pads for us people for reptiles, bugs, orkids and incubator for reptile eggs 84 f for girls 86 f for both 88 f for boys with some, abel to hold close enough to those temp to hatch what buyers wanted. even done quail eggs on them. best of all there only $ 14.oo or so dolars. there to hot on low but if you raise up alittle to the rite temp, should be fine.

Back