• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Request for a spice mix for chicken TMS

Yellow curry and beer marinade.

Take a beer or two and pour into ziploc. Add yellow curry powder, pepper powder, salt... shake up, and add chicken. Seal it up and let marinate overnight in fridge.

The next day it will be a bright yellow and packed with flavor and heat. You can add dry spices (like a rub) before it hits the grill. Some aromatics, like coriander, etc.

dragonsfire said:
Depends on your taste, theirs lots of recipes in the thread to look over :)
-
niklassthlm said:
-
Hi. Thanks. What thread? Im asking for reccomendations
-
What DF (DragonsFire) ment is there are many already posted and asimple search will turn them up.....I used "spice mix" and found...( Thanks SL!..

salsalady said:
megamoo,

Can't point you in the direction of a one-site-recipes option, but of you just type in the spice blend of what you want, you can find recipes for everything.

In looking for recipes for this weekend's Cajun TD, I found recipes that included Creole mustard as an ingredient, and then I found recipes to make creole mustard.

jmho, but if you have a blend you would like to re-create, just google "cajun crab boil spice recipe" (insert desired flavor for the cajun one used as an example :lol: ) and you will find lots of recipes to get you started.

Here's one to get you started. The purpose of these searches is to get the spice blend of what's in a crawfish boil package as commercially marketed-

google search subject- cajun crab boil spice recipe (no good results)

next search- crawfish boil seasoning recipe (hmmmm- still no good results)

next search- crab boil spice mix recipe- and one result was---

"Ingredients:

* 1/4 cup pickling spices
* 1/4 cup sea salt
* 2 Tablespoons mustard seeds
* 2 Tablespoons whole black peppercorns
* 2 Tablespoons hot red pepper flakes
* 1 Tablespoon celery seeds
* 1 Tablespoon minced dried chives
* 2 teaspoons ground ginger
* 2 teaspoons dried oregano
* 5 bay leaves

Preparation:
Add pickling spices, sea salt, mustard seeds, peppercorns, pepper flakes, celery seeds, chives, ginger, oregano, and bay leaves to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulsing, process until the mixture forms a coarse powder.

For cooking shrimp, add 1/4 cup of the spices, along with 2 teaspoons salt, to a large saucepan of boiling water or half water and half beer.

For lobster or crab, use 1 part distilled white wine vinegar to 3 parts water. Add the seafood and cook for 2 minutes, or until just cooked through. Remove the seafood and serve or chill.

Yield: about 1 cup

http://homecooking.about.com/od/spicerecipes/r/blspice31.htm a spice recipe for crab boil."

I have no idea if this recipe is any good or not, but I hope it can show how flavors and recipes can be researched and can be the inspirations for more culinary fun.

He's just asking for suggestions, I am sure we can help. Why does he have to search for something? 

Of course we should help...ya mon. ;)

Jamaican Jerk Dry Rub

If you enjoy Caribbean flavors such as nutmeg, all spice, ginger and cinnamon, this dry rub is an ideal way to put a tropical spin on your next cookout. This rub works best when used on poultry or pork.Mix them all up and add to your meat for a few hrs or overnight.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons ground all spice
1 teaspoon crushed dried hot pepper
1 teaspoon dried chives
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger