• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Resource: Inexpensive Fabric Pots

Sneaky6 said:
Recently I ordered several sizes of rootpots from greenhousemegastore.com They are easily the least expensive root pouch solution I have found. 2Gal is only 75 cents....

When they first show up they are flattened out and look well...... Crappy. However after several months with my plants in various sizes I am happy to report these are the steal of the century. They work very well.

I have the more expensive "Smart pot" on another plant and have not noticed a difference between the 2 types.

These are the shorter term ones (I grow indoor so probably get more life out of them)
https://www.greenhousemegastore.com/product/root-pouch-black-fabric-pot-15-20-month

They also have longer term ones and they are only a few cents more each.
https://www.greenhousemegastore.com/product/root-pouch-grey-fabric-pot-3-4-year

I just figured I would share since I have seen several fabric pot posts the last few months.

Just picked me up 10 7-gallon and 10 10-gallon root pouches.  Gonna hook my mom up with some.  Great price and shipping isn't too bad.  Next season, I'll have 47 fabric pots full of peppers.  Freakin' excited!!

For got to update. I orderd some of this from green house mega store. The 3 year pots with handles. They seam well made and strong enough to lift with wet soil.
The down side is this are not true liquid gallon measured. They use some special volume msurement. So this are probly gallon and half less then what they should be. I ored the 5 and 7 gallon.
5 gallon pit compared to 5 gallon bucket.

7gallon pot comparison

Well, after using all of the 20 pots I ordered, I ordered any 30 10gallon pots. The 3-4 year bags are pretty darn good. I think hurtsgood is right about the size comparison. But, I'm not to worried about that, at these prices.

All in all, great prices, good customer service, and good quality bags. I'll probably purchase another 30 bags before the year is over.

Just wanted to let y'all know that I'm not using mine till next year but I have been using one as a harvesting basket!

Man, I've got issues.... just bought another 60 ten gallon 3-4 year root bags.  I've got enough for 70 pepper plants next season.  Great price and shipping is only 2 days for where I live.

Happy camper right here!

Back