• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Resto-Bar La Vielle

Resto-Bar La Vieille

My favourite lunch-time brasserie. For the unitiated amongst us, a brasserie is a beer hall that serves meals. Not to be confused with a Tavern, which can be essentially the same thing, except that until the late 1980s, women weren't allowed in Taverns in Quebec.

The menu covers a delectable selection of fresh salads and an assortment of hot and spicy tidbits, designed (in collaboration with the Peppermaster) to please the most discerning of chiliheads.

They've even got a platter on the menu that's designed for me... The Diablo. It's a mix of jalapeno poppers, popcorn shrimp, buffalo wings, spicy chicken nuggets and vegetable sticks. The platter is served with a dipping serving of La Vielle's yummy ranch-style dressing and Peppermaster Hurricane Mash; assuming you can handle it. They also have an assortment of gentler sauces for the more delicate palated.

Moderately priced and a comfortable, homey atmosphere, it's a great place for lunch or dinner for the jean sporting crowd. They've got a nice selection of beers on tap, a pool hall and an outdoor balcony terrasse where they serve BBQ (Canadian style grilling) in the summer.

The beer is cold and service is bilingual.

And if you tell them you're a friend of mine, or a friend of the Peppermaster's, they'll know just what to put on your plate to spice up your life.

Btw... if you happen to be in the neighbourhood, La Vieille is launching their new menu next week and to celebrate Peppermaster is collaborating with them for an open-terrasse barbecue (Canadian style). Soyez le Bienvenue. Join us.

Resto-Bar La Vieille
14 St. Jean Baptiste, E
Rigaud, Quebec
J0P 1P0
(450) 451-5373

How was the BBQ? How was the beer? Where abouts is Rigaud. About a three hour drive for me to Montreal and then two hours of confusion in traffic. I'll have to check out Resto-Bar La Vielle some time.

Hi Potawie.

You'll be pleased to hear that the BBQ was rained out last night. The rain date is Friday the 16th. Let me know if you're coming, I'll get you a bar ticket.

Rigaud is about five minutes across the Quebec border from Ottawa on the Montreal side... We're a good 45 minutes to downtown Montreal from here. Depending on where you are in Ottawa, we're about halfway between the two cities. It's an hour from here to the Byward market given no traffic.

Have you tasted our stuff yet???

T

How was the BBQ? What's the new menu like? I'll have to make the drive and check it out while the weather's warm. Any upcoming events. I'm sure soccer will be big on Sunday.

The BBQ was fun. The new menu is a chilihead's dream.

I'm going to be in Trois Rivieres for the Agricultural fair this Sunday, but we'll have a booth at the Cornwall Air Balloon Festival next weekend.

T

Damn, I got to check how close Rigaud is to Montreal downtown where I live.
But for Montrealers living near the downtown core, is there any restaurant that can satisfy us?

Bubonic said:
Damn, I got to check how close Rigaud is to Montreal downtown where I live.
But for Montrealers living near the downtown core, is there any restaurant that can satisfy us?

Any concession stand at the Bell Centre...It is, after all, home of the Habs...:lol:

Back