event Rib Cookoff

Thanks to all the folks that sent samples for next Saturday's Rib cookoff. I got a lot of sauces to showcase and a lot of folks are going to be dropping in just to tast a lot of sauces. ( I won't have pics to post on the web because most folks will be nude. You'll hav eto come see our bulletin board at the park to see those! ).
Anyway, thanks to Blair's, Defcon, Kato's and 3Hottamales for your support.
I screwed up the website, and so did another builder, so it's still not up. Oh, well, Ce Sera, Sera :)

Things went bad fast!! All other venders cancelled Fri. morning because of expected bad weather. 5 motorcycle groups/clubs/gangs, cancelled fro same reason. Then we got over 2 nches of rain. So we just cooked and sold 85 racks of ribs to locals. Like Tina said, have to dress for the weather, and rain flat stopped a lot from coming. :flamethrower:
I couldn't get any takers from the regular crowd though I had a great selection of goodies. :hell:
I think I'm gonna work some weekends and wholeasle to stores along my 'route'. No store around there has a good selection of sauces.
We have numerous other events that I turn into something.
Ps, it was so wet, almost nobody was nude. And for the record, the Pavillion has become clothing optional, officially. It's been that way unofficially for years during art shows and other events.

at 6am sat(when i wanted to load up the car) it looked like a fn hurricane...it was horrrible....it finaly let up around 7 am...got loaded and on the road...it lightly rained on and off...no huge downpours....i left alot of showmanship stuff at home because of the weather and i came in 2nd in showmanship and for casi chili i came in 3rd...last year i didnt place so from not top 10 to 3rd...im happy. i need one more point to qualify for texas.

So THAT's the inclement weather that's been whipping through here since Saturday night... It's been a great weekend for ducks up here too.

Sorry to hear the event was rained out Frank. Unfortunately, that's the way things go sometimes.

Good luck on the next one.

T

Good for you Bubba. Hang in there.I believe you'll get to Texas.
Bubba and Tina, I'll have other shots at it. I'll get there too. and I hope you do make it to WTP Bubba. The area you set up and operate in is clothing optional. But once you see the park, and all the other folks with xxxxl shirt sizes, you'll see why I say anybody can fit in. If nothing else, you'll have some stories to tell!

IMG_2824.JPG

this is a pic of me with my 3rd place tropy other photos of the events are at the www.ncchili.com website and then click on the pepper

bubbaschili said:
IMG_2824.JPG

this is a pic of me with my 3rd place tropy other photos of the events are at the www.ncchili.com website and then click on the pepper

Congrats, Bubbinator... I had covered my eyes, waiting for the pic to load, peeking out finally between my fingers... given the thread, I was afraid you would be holding the trophy like a fig leaf!

:shock:

lol yea we got the chili cook off and the rib cook off on the same thread i guess because it was on the same day.

i told frank one of these days if they have a event that sounds intresting to me im gonna have to make it up there....ill probably stay close to the "clothes optional" area.... :twisted:

bubbaschili said:
lol yea we got the chili cook off and the rib cook off on the same thread i guess because it was on the same day.

i told frank one of these days if they have a event that sounds intresting to me im gonna have to make it up there....ill probably stay close to the "clothes optional" area.... :twisted:

LOL! Well, if we and you end up at the same one of "those" events... we'll hang in the clothes optional section with you! Unless, of course, they make me remove my too risqué pepper shirt!

T

yes and thanks.....i am getting into something and i am so confussed about... i got some artwork that i have been working on and i had a frind do a artwork for me last night hat was pretty good...i got a guy here in mocksville that said he would print 100 lables for 60 dollars...again im just at the point right now i want to pull my hair out cause i dont know what to do.

tinner666 said:
Bubba is smaller than a lot of people there. And there is no pool in the C.O. area. :lol:

ok dumb joke of the day.......what do you call a person at the nudist camp that is bigger than mike"bubba" williams???????

you call them...........shade 8)

bubbaschili said:
yes and thanks.....i am getting into something and i am so confussed about... i got some artwork that i have been working on and i had a frind do a artwork for me last night hat was pretty good...i got a guy here in mocksville that said he would print 100 lables for 60 dollars...again im just at the point right now i want to pull my hair out cause i dont know what to do.

If you have any questions just give me a call. I am on these forums to help. If I can make your experience a little easier, that is all I need. 100 labels for $60.00. Doesn't sound bad for that small of quantity. Give me a call with any questions you have.

Dan

bubbaschili said:

Bubba, I'll print your danged labels for the cost of the paper and ink, but you'll have to pay for the shipping and then cut them yourself when they get there.

T

Back