• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Ribs Anyone??

I have been gearing up for some serious food mayhem today. I've got ribs that have been sitting with a wonderful dry rub I made consisting of Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Tabasco, Fatalii Powders along with a touch of Brown Sugar and a pinch of Rosemary. They have been resting for the past 24 hours and are now ready to cook up. The top rack is all mine with all of the fiery goodness rubbed on. While the bottom rack is my wife's, just garlic powder and a touch of Black Pepper (she thinks Black Pepper is hot. :lol:

We can expect my finished plate around 6:30 or so and I'm starting to drool in anticipation.

I present to you.....RIBS!
DSCF4015.jpg

DSCF4016.jpg

I forgot, I'm thinking about making potatoes and Asparagus to with these beauties. Wow! I am getting real hungry sitting here smelling the wonderful smells coming from my kitchen.

Fancy rosemary oven ribs. Why you want those twigs on dare?!

Pepperfreak said:
Smoker??? uh...uhmm...the weather is to bad for that, so......
This is a tiara moment. When does the weather affect BBQ?

I did say just a pinch of rosemary. And the trick is to grind the rosemary with your fingers first. Plus I have used this rub on a ribeye I cooked up Thursday and must say it was out of this world with greatness.

What a coinky dinky!! I picked up some nice pork spareribs just the other day! Weather here in teh big dry ditch is in the 80's and sunshine. Great for BBQ! Naaaaah....just kidding. Got lots of running around to do so won't be able to tend to the smoker. Reckon I'll just slap 'em in the oven on timer...

Here's some prep piccy's. Simple. Paprika, Lawry's and PF's T-Scorp powder....

IMG_2199.jpg

Simple....I says...

IMG_2200.jpg

Gotta' whoop up some asian cole slaw...

TB... oven ribs too? PF... JayT... TB... Noooooessss! You skirts!

It's all good. Make sure you submit your recipe to Betty Crocker.

These ribs will make a nice poo poo platter :lol:

He didn't baste them with Dr. Pepper so it's all good!

If you make them tasty in the oven in the oven then you've got skills.

pileiton said:
He didn't baste them with Dr. Pepper so it's all good!

If you make them tasty in the oven in the oven then you've got skills.

Oh, they are out of this world tasty, if I might say so...also, there is NO cooking with Dr.Pepper in this House.

Here are the ribs after 3 hours and I just covered them with the BBQ sauce. Mmm-mmm, my house is smelling so good I can hardly contain myself for another hour before chowing down!
DSCF4020.jpg

Back