• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RichardK's Grow Log - 2010

Heres where I am at so far (as of Feb 22nd, 2010)

Seedlings Progress, you probably can't tell to well from these pics but each cup has the type written on it and a colored ziptie for identification, heres the color code.

Ziptie Color Code:
Orange = Orange Habanero
Pink = Caribbean Red Habanero
Green w/out black top = West Indies Habanero
Green w/ black top = Jamaican Habanero
Blue w/out black top = Caribbean Red (female) x West Indies (male)
Blue w/ black top = Caribbean Red (male) x West Indies (female)

22nd_01.jpg
22nd_02.jpg

My Bih Jolokia which I started way too early is already podding up which is a good thing because it was growing so big and so fast (even without pinching buds) I have been pruning the ends constantly!

Here are some of the pods out of 15 so far.

Sdc10893.jpg

Sdc10899.jpg

salsalady said:
did this get missed?

I don't know how many flowers there are but there were 4 pods in that image :)

I did a count again this morning and theres 29 pods total now, some of which I did not even pollinate manually.

It must have been the fan :think:

Looking good Richard!
You hand pollinate all your flowers? Even without a fan or hand pollination flowers should pollinate fine. Personally I never hand pollinate and my house/greenhouse plants produce great without any real breeze

POTAWIE said:
Looking good Richard!
You hand pollinate all your flowers? Even without a fan or hand pollination flowers should pollinate fine. Personally I never hand pollinate and my house/greenhouse plants produce great without any real breeze

No I only hand pollinated that plant because the flowers had little to no pollen, so I used pollen from my Caribbean Red x Orange Habanero, now that it's got almost 30 pods on it, I should not have to worry about it getting too big before spring. I had marked the ones I pollinated with a blue sharpy to keep track of them, and when they set I mark them black so I don't count them more than once. However about 3 flowers set fruit without me doing anything to them, which is odd since the plant was not setting at all beforehand.

Update for March 3rd 2010...

I added a third Light Panel so I could spread the seedlings out a little better, going to have to thin some out soon... :-(

Sdc10941.jpg

Sdc10943.jpg

Sdc10944.jpg

Sdc10945.jpg

It's getting crowded under there!
Sdc10942.jpg

The Jamician Habs are really starting to stick out, they are displaying some very elongated leaves for a C. Chinese, never seen anything like it...
jam_leaf.jpg

Heres a video of the Grow Room from March 3rd
[video=youtube;4-g1_RG5saM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-g1_RG5saM[/video]
(just uploaded, video quality will get better in a few)

Also the other day I made a 3D Stereo "Cross Eye" image of some of my seedlings...

3D_01.jpg

3D viewing Directions:

Note: To view this properly, it is important that you keep your head level and not tilted to one side or the other!

1: Cross your eyes until you see three images (the left and right converge into one image)
2: Look at the center image
3: While crossing your eyes, bring the center image into focus by looking "through" the screen at an imaginary object behind it.

It will probably take some pratice and the image will come into focus slowly. If you are having trouble focusing the image, try sitting farther away from the screen. As soon as you bring the image into focus, it should be in 3D!

If you cannot cross your eyes (some people cannot):
1: Face the screen
2: Hold your index finger infront of your face and focus onto it
3: While focusing on your finger, move it towards or away from your face until the two images in the background become three
4: Carefully lower your finger out of view and focus on the center image as discribed above

Whoa yeh...it does work, looking good Richard

RichardK said:
Also the other day I made a 3D Stereo "Cross Eye" image of some of my seedlings...

3D_01.jpg

3D viewing Directions:

Note: To view this properly, it is important that you keep your head level and not tilted to one side or the other!

1: Cross your eyes until you see three images (the left and right converge into one image)
2: Look at the center image
3: While crossing your eyes, bring the center image into focus by looking "through" the screen at an imaginary object behind it.

It will probably take some pratice and the image will come into focus slowly. If you are having trouble focusing the image, try sitting farther away from the screen. As soon as you bring the image into focus, it should be in 3D!

If you cannot cross your eyes (some people cannot):
1: Face the screen
2: Hold your index finger infront of your face and focus onto it
3: While focusing on your finger, move it towards or away from your face until the two images in the background become three
4: Carefully lower your finger out of view and focus on the center image as discribed above

Back