• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

roadhouse's pepper review log

Decided this would be a fun way to keep records of what I thought of particular chiles. Unfortunately I do not have video capability so it won't be as fun but hopefully I will be able to take pictures of what I'm eating once my camera is charged again at least.

So here's my first, it's the Chocolate Bhut Jolokia.

Cut in half and removed seeds, ate one half. Yeah I'm a pussy and won't do the whole thing. But half is better than a sliver. :cool:

Good aroma, not very fruity, nutty though with a faint smokiness.

Nice flavor at onset, mostly nutty without much fruitiness as smell would suggest.

Heat onset was quite delayed, I thought I had escaped it for a second, but not at all!

A minute in and I am burning horribly. Hiccups, eyes watering slightly. Back of throat is on fire.

Three minutes gone by, still burning but mostly on the middle of the tongue and back of the throat has subsided. A bit of nasal drip.

Ten minutes in and the burn is still quite strong but is manageable now.

Very nice one though I prefer the flavor of the red better. Heat level is about the same.

Overall Heat level: 9

Great review! I have been waiting for any kind of tasting notes on a Brown 7 Pod. Sounds like it tastes better than a Douglah. Keep it up.

Back