• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RocketMan's 2013 Glog; In The House!!

There are no gardening mistakes,only experiments." -- Janet Kilburn Phillips

I love that quote and it will try my best to remember it through this new grow. So, I'm going with only 18 varities this year as we're looking at moving to a larger house if not buying this summer and I really don't want to have to try and haul a ton of plants when we do. the ones I've selected are:

1. 7 Pot Jonah---------------------------- Pic 1
2. Aji Lemon------------------------------- romy6
3. Chili De Arbol Negro------------------ smokemaster via SocalChilihead
4. Datil-------------------------------------- Pic 1
5. Fatalii------------------------------------ Pic 1
6. Gochu----------------------------------- Stickman
7. Red Savania--------------------------- Pic 1
8. Chocolate Habanero----------------- Pic 1
9. West Indian Yellow Habanero------ Pic 1
10. Jalabanero---------------------------- SocalChilihead
11. Jalapeno------------------------------- frydad4
12. Douglah-------------------------------- Pic 1
13. Peruvian White Habanero---------- ????
14. Scotch Bonnet Jamican Red------- Pic 1
15. Thai Short----------------------------- Lieban
16. Jamican Hot Chocolate------------- ????
17. Butch T-------------------------------- Pic 1
18. T Scorpion Yellow------------------- Pic 1

Here's the layout and they went into the dirt.

100_3209.jpg

SeedlingMap_zps94636340.jpg

Alot of them are ones i started last year that never grew beyond a certain point and I'm pretty sure that a lot of it was my new grower mistakes. Since I really want to try them I'm giving them a grow again. Once again, thanks to everyone that helped me getting started with gifts of seeds and to all on here thanks for leaving your incredable words of wisdom that we can all learn from.

Cheers to a bountiful grow this year.
RM

RocketMan said:
Well after the conversation we had in Matts Glog I was looking for and found this video, my unit is represented in it but you really can't tell who is who in it, So, if my kids ever ask, "What did you do the war daddy or if the Zombie Apocalypse hits, here's my answer.

MLRS

Guess that is how you got the handle Rocketman. :D

RocketMan said:
Just found this on my plants

A71F9B49-F71D-4EA9-BA46-F0368CB47D08-2166-000002F389EA9BAF_zps052e63e3.jpg

:)

Edit: ok, so the stuck in the pot said Fatalii and the first couple of pods off of this plant were kind of Fatalii shaped. Now the pods it's putting on are like this one. Could this possibly be a Red Savina? Not sure what else it could be. Good thing I love a good mystery :)
Those look like pods off the Fatali/Savina cross I got from Spankycolts last year.  
This year, the pod shapes are all over the place, and there is an orange pod on
the plant.

Glad to hear about your new digs, Bill.  Congratulations!  Your going to have fun
putting in the new garden spaces - can't wait to see how it all unfolds over the summer.

Jeff H said:

Guess that is how you got the handle Rocketman. :D

Yes Sir!

PaulG said:
Those look like pods off the Fatali/Savina cross I got from Spankycolts last year.  
This year, the pod shapes are all over the place, and there is an orange pod on
the plant.

Glad to hear about your new digs, Bill.  Congratulations!  Your going to have fun
putting in the new garden spaces - can't wait to see how it all unfolds over the summer.

Well, I don't know what it is yet but it's damn hot and very tasty, thanks Paul

DocNrock said:
Awesome, Bill!  So when do you move into the new place?  Has escrow closed yet? 

That shrimp dish at your mom's looked killer.  What kind of fruit is that "bowl?" 

That bowl is a fresh Papaya and you have to get some in each bite, it's an awesome fresh dinner

Devv said:
Yet another Hell yeah!

WalkGood said:
How about a triple Hell Yeah and a Hat’s off for MOM \o_

Hell Yeah, I'll have to post up the recipe tonight.

Down Hill slide to the weekend now :)

Ok, here's the link to the Picture: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36718-rocketmans-2013-glog;-we-have-a-new-launch-pad/page-22#entry843576

Rollie's Shrimp Salad

2 Pounds Shrimp, medium shelled and deveined, boiled with some Old Bay
6 to 8 stalks of Celery
3 or 4 Green Onions
1/2 of a Green and 1/2 of a Red Bell Pepper
2 Jalapenos, or others depending on the heat desired
1 Cup Dukes Mayo
Juice of 1 Lemon
Fresh Dill to taste (start out with 1 teaspoon)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Fresh Papaya with seeds removed to make boats

Fine dice all ingredients and cut shrimp in half or more if bigger. Mix everything together and chill well, at least 2 hours.

Give it a taste and adjust as needed and serve.

Enjoy :)

Bill sounds delicious, thanks for posting it. I’m sure you are super busy but how’s the move going, is everything falling into place? Gotta be loving all that extra space \o/

Well, bad news, we've lost the house due to a Law suit being brought against us from a car accident my daughter had last year. It will most likely all pan out but the timing ahs put our ability to be approved for a loan on hold till it's all played out. So now we're looking for another rental. It suck but I know that God has his hand in it and there willbe something better that will come along. Just disappointing.

:censored:  :censored:   :censored:   :censored:

Ok, I feel better :) 

I know that's a disappointment, Bill, and I hope the issue is resolved soon.  
I hope your insurance company is of some help.  Good thoughts coming
your way...

Sorry to read this brethren Bill, I know you will find the right place even if it ends up being the same one. Even though I know it's hard, I hope you and the family look at the bright side of this ^_^

Back