• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rocoto Incas

Got some of these comin in, just picked the first today- one of my favorite C.Pubescens I've grown, really good flavah, pritty decent size too! Thanks fer the seeds CMPMAN, this variety is a keeper!

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5921.jpg

IMG_5923.jpg

nabbed a few slicin's off that last pic

Awesome looking pepper. Would you happen to have seeds to trade yet, or you still waiting on the harvest?

Damn straight. Best Pubescens I ever grew. I'm so happy the seedlings produced them again!!!!! They are monster pods with incredible flavor. If pepper maggots didn't attack them so much, I'd grow a whole bed of those. It's as good as it gets. :)

Chris

Yeah, I'll be saving some seeds JS. Will be harvesting more within the week for sure. Right on CMPman, you ain't kiddin. Really great way to start the season off with a type of pepper that gave me some trouble last year. Will hafta get a multi harvest pic up soon.

Very good Grimus. They are almost sweet, and hot. Not over hab heat, but has heat. Grew em in coc coir w/ nutes, had to flush em before picking. Waiting on a bunch more to get rid of that last bit of green.

Thanks fellahz... here's a few pics Bleash. Plants got the yellows, had to flush em for the routine/harvest. All growin in hydroton and coir mix. Gonna let this batch ripen and pick then will resume with ripe and cal mag nutes...

Rocoto Inca is in the white bucket, on the far right. Tops of the plants on the left are at my eye level+....
IMG_5942.jpg

This branch actually split a long time ago, all's well though. Some catapiller damage on the leaves- been addressed though, and the pods are all good. Gotta figure out a better plant support system next year. These nutes really get em goin big!
IMG_5943.jpg

Here's a Rocoto Bolivian I picked from the plant right by the Inca. Still lettin the Incas fully turn red before I get to pickin'.
IMG_5945.jpg

Oh yeah you did! Have a good Bolivian de Milles goin as well! Another good'un I got with the other two. I appreciate the selections man! Very pleased with the seeds, really exceeded my expectations and plan on doing more plants next year!

For some reason, the C. Pubescens only do well @ the front of the house. Maybe they like the cool concrete, the half day of sun they get? Whatever it is, that's where they grow. Attracts a lotta neighborhood lurkers, lol

hey Boutros, thanks for posting the pics of the plant.
I've been trying to germinate some rocottos for quite some time and already failed 3 times... now that I've seen the size of your plants in pots I'm not sure I my wife will let me grow them.

I'm gonna continue trying anyway...after all it's better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission :)

Bleash

Back