• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Wild Bill! Here is to lots of fresh pods and big fat healthy plants . May the chili gods bless us all :party:

Man I can only imagine the love in those botled. They should be hot and tasty like all your sauces:)

Man brother Bill on Christmas the sister inlaw invited us over for fresh tamale's. Had them 3 days in a row. Next time I will holla at ya :liar: They refuse to give me the acnient secret recipe straight from Zacataces. :rolleyes:

Excuse my ignorance but what is a tamale??

I just googled it but am still interested in what style your tamales take as there seems to be some notable variations among regions

... sister inlaw invited us over for fresh tamale's. Had them 3 days in a row. Next time I will holla at ya :liar: They refuse to give me the acnient secret recipe straight from Zacataces. :rolleyes:

Whoa home made tamale's, lots of work but sounds delicious! I love the Cuban variation but love the others too. My wifey is from Venezuela and she makes their version around xmas, they call theirs hallacas and they're very good, she makes some stuffed w/ham too. Boy that secret recipe ¬_¬ reply sucks :/

Trippa AFAIK there's different variations (recipes) depending on the country and region but there's typically a constant of corn-based dough wrapped in a leaf and either steamed or boiled. Stuffed inside the corn dough is either meat, chicken, etc. ... My mom's were always the boiled ones with either meat or chicken, wish she was still making them for me ...

Hey, Jamie, good to see you off and rollin' with a New Year's harvest!
Can't wait to see what you cook up this Spring! Hope the New Year finds
you and your family in good health and happy!

OOO yeah buddy! Good luck this year man and can't wait for some pics! Hope you and the family had a great Christmas and New Year! I'm pulling up a chair for this one.

Trippa, like Ramon ( walkgood said ) they are a corn based dough engulfing meat and sauce. My wife is from Mexico so they use mole as the filler. Wich is a red based sauce with pork in it. I know it is basically a mix of peppers, chocolate , salt, any many other ingredients and that is about all I know. One of these days I will demand they learn me on the process and spread the love . They are delicious. Here is a pic of some fresh tamales the mother in law made. They have little or no heat but I sprinkle some fresh powder on em and wow wow wubzy!!!

IMG_3701.jpg

Ramon, it takes them like 16 hours to make them. Hence why I have not had the patience to watch. But I will one of these days mark my word. Thanks for filling Trippa in .

Paul my man. Glad to see you back in action as well. Best of luck on your grow this year. Not that you need it ;)

Jamison, Happy new year brotha. Look forward to following yourt grow as well. Christmas was great . Hope your was too!

Jamie now that is lookin good! Glad to see you getting a new glog going. Im getting excited for this seasons start already!

Trippa, like Ramon ( walkgood said ) they are a corn based dough engulfing meat and sauce. My wife is from Mexico so they use mole as the filler. Wich is a red based sauce with pork in it. I know it is basically a mix of peppers, chocolate , salt, any many other ingredients and that is about all I know. One of these days I will demand they learn me on the process and spread the love . They are delicious. Here is a pic of some fresh tamales the mother in law made. They have little or no heat but I sprinkle some fresh powder on em and wow wow wubzy!!!

Ramon, it takes them like 16 hours to make them. Hence why I have not had the patience to watch. But I will one of these days mark my word. Thanks for filling Trippa in.

OMG you lucky dog, I've heard about the Mexican one's but never had the opportunity to eat one made by "mom." I know they blow any restaurant or store bought one away by miles and then some!!! Yep, too much time involved and I agree, I can't watch that long either ... One year down in V-land I had the opp to help out the women folk inlaws making Venezuelan Ayacas in da kitchen. Bro I was out in a few hours ... they were at it for days making hundreds of them tasty suckers! I just can't deal with that repetitive work, lol. But boy can I eat them, so I know how lucky you are as I've tried these store bought and it's night and day. BTW great idea throwing on the powder, love it :)

Good to see your new glog is already full with pods and food, Jamie! When are you gonna put those seeds in the ground ;) I wanna see some Jalapeno's :dance:

Jamie,

Those tamales look awesome! What does your wife's family think of your pepper obsession? Can they handle the heat of the superhots?

Hope all is well!
Conor

Jamie now that is lookin good! Glad to see you getting a new glog going. Im getting excited for this seasons start already!

Britt. Awesome to hear from you. I can't wait to see your grow this year!!
OMG you lucky dog, I've heard about the Mexican one's but never had the opportunity to eat one made by "mom." I know they blow any restaurant or store bought one away by miles and then some!!! Yep, too much time involved and I agree, I can't watch that long either ... One year down in V-land I had the opp to help out the women folk inlaws making Venezuelan Ayacas in da kitchen. Bro I was out in a few hours ... they were at it for days making hundreds of them tasty suckers! I just can't deal with that repetitive work, lol. But boy can I eat them, so I know how lucky you are as I've tried these store bought and it's night and day. BTW great idea throwing on the powder, love it :)

Thanks Ramon. I am very lucky to have my Wife anfd her families amazing Mexican dishes .
Ok is this a pepper growing glog or a tamale making glog? Either way I'm happy!

Best of luck to you this season Jamie.

I think a little of both P money :)I am happy to have you stop bye!!!!

Thanks for the info .... they look and sound freaking yum!

You got Trip. One day you gota come visit and try some.

Good to see your new glog is already full with pods and food, Jamie! When are you gonna put those seeds in the ground ;) I wanna see some Jalapeno's :dance:

Gonna start a bunch of stuff soon Stefan. Just gotta get motivated and seeing all you guys is doing the trick

Jamie,

Those tamales look awesome! What does your wife's family think of your pepper obsession? Can they handle the heat of the superhots?

Hope all is well!
Conor

Thanks Conor. My wife eats supers almost everyday. She makes me look like a puss. As for her family they like it mild to medium.

Came home to an super duper suprise. My brother Brian ( justaguy) sent me some of his tasty chesnut smoking over an open fire Douglah power and a sweet shirt. Thanks man the powder is so tasty and the shirt kicks ass

IMG_4295.jpg

Glad they made it. I was pondering the thought of sending the powder like the cartels send powdered drugs, but I figured dissolving the powder in liquid and soaking it into the shirt would get you just too damn excited.
How funny would it be to see the airport sniffer dogs, sneezing there tails off, Great shirt by the way , do you ship them to Oz , if so whats the cost?

Glad they made it. I was pondering the thought of sending the powder like the cartels send powdered drugs, but I figured dissolving the powder in liquid and soaking it into the shirt would get you just too damn excited.

and then sealed and cramed into the middle of a bag of fresh coffee beans :cool:

Now where did that come from? ;)

If your 2011/12 glog wasn't about a bazillion pages now, you wouldn't really need to start a new one, since yours is sort of one continuous grow. I love stopping by your grow. It's always entertaining! Love the food pics, and the videos you do. And the fact that I'm not the only one around here with a southern accent. :lol:

To make myself feel better about the below zero temps and piles of snow outside, I'm going to say I like starting with a clean slate each season. If the plants didn't die off on their own each fall, I'd be too soft hearted to cull the ones I wasn't crazy about, and then not have any room to try new stuff. Yep, feelin' better already ...

I found it!!! Hahahaha...I figured sumptin was up when you hadn't updated the other glog in a bit! Funny tamale story. My dad was a Secret Service Agent back in the 70's and while on White House Detail President Ford was hosting a dinner with the Mexican President. Tamales were served, but he didn't know he was supposed to unwrap them. He ate them husks and all...the funny part is everyone was afraid to correct him, so they all just followed suit and ate the husks as well. Must have been terrible!

+1 Bonnie. Jamie has me super jealous about his one continuous grow. Lemme see your new starts Jamie.
Yeah, and show us your grow lights too!

Back